1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this going to go on my record?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musikk021, Oct 15, 2012.

1. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I tried researching my question elsewhere but couldn't find a straightforward answer, so I'd appreciate if someone could help me out here :icon_redf

My question is this: will a campus parking ticket from college affect my driving record in any way? Does it go on a permanent record or affect my insurance?

To my dismay, I got out of my 10pm class tonight to find a parking ticket on my windshield. I bought an all-day parking permit this morning at 8am for my morning classes, and when I came back to the parking lot for my night class, I accidentally forgot to replace the permit on my dashboard. The permit was sitting on my middle console...in a hurry, I just forgot to display it on my dash :confused: I sent in a request to contest the ticket, since I have a valid permit. So, either they'll cancel the ticket or if they don't, I'll pay it right away. But I'm worried that this stupid mistake will cost me in the long run. :help:

2. Jared

No you'll be fine. It wasn't a moving violation, so your insurance couldn't care less since you weren't doing anything dangerous.

3. Neph

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's a campus parking ticket? Yeah, that doesn't get recorded anywhere but the campus, as far as I know. Most colleges and universities are considered to be private property, e.g. anything that happens in their parking lots is their problem, not the city's.

4. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your answers! I just got back from my school's parking & transportation department. They dismissed the citation right away when I showed them that I did have a valid permit. Thank goodness...saved me $60! Haha.

5. Pat

Pat

Girl, you scared me lol. I came in here expecting the worst. lol. The only affect it could have would be within your school. Enough violations could lead elsewhere but in terms of the "real" world. No.. You don't have to worry about that. And i'm glad it worked out!

6. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha, I was in sort of a panic mode last night! I'm like the most well-behaved person ever; I'm an A student, I don't drink or party or do anything, and getting a parking ticket was just like whoahh haha. I tried researching online, and some people were like, yeah it totally goes on your record! And others were like, maybe or no or I don't know...so I was just confused and scared. Since they recorded my license plate number and everything, I thought the campus police might contact the DMV about it. But nevermind. It worked out, and I am now at ease lol

7. ameliawesome

lol oh, definitely not. i can't even count how many parking tickets i've had in my life so far, and i never had any extra problems after i paid them. maybe it's recorded somewhere but it isn't going to cause any additional harm.