1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The world was out to get me today.. :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Luke Matt, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Luke Matt

Honestly, I don't get it. I try to do the right thing all the time (i.e. protect peoples feelings/lend money/advice etc), but it felt like the world was slapping me in the face today.
    (I was writing my story in detail/length, but it was pretty boring to read, so I'll just list what happened in dot point form):

. Lend my mum most of the physical cash I had on me -> no problem!
    . Head down to the train station & use the remainder of the money I had to top up my Myki (public transport card I use to get to uni & abroad); doesn't register.
    . Catch the wrong bus
    . Leave topped up Myki on the bus, to which I see an old man pick it up, look at me & do nothing in regards to asking the bus driver to stop so I could get it off of him.
    . At this stage I have no money to catch public transport, so I have to retrace the steps I made to the original bus stop (remember, I caught the wrong bus) & continue to walk for ~1 hour to get to where I was going (would've taken 10 minutes on the bus).
    . Purchase a full fare Myki using my bank card (ATM fee + ~$15 for the temporary Myki card + top up).

Oh, and I bought the wrong drink at one of the vending machines.

Look, I know this sounds trivial and you're probably laughing reading this, but the world was really unkind to me today and I just want a hug :tears:

2. Melissa

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Sorry you had a rough day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Hang in there! : )

3. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think that is trivial. I find it completely relatable for others, if not for most people. There really are times that seems like nothing is going right, and that the ever-playful life seems to enjoy picking on you just for the sake of making you realize that you're the unlucky recipient of today's picking. I had those irritating days. And I am so sorry you had one. It sucks... to the nth power.

I think the best you can do is to take a deep breath, and just learn from your mistakes (though, yeah, sometimes it is inevitable). And believe you're a lucky dude, some people have it worse. The power of sense of humour is amazing. It can't solve everything, but it puts things in perspective. Happiness is not all about sunshine, sometimes, it's dancing in the rain. Sorry for sounding to idealistic. I love your hair, btw. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. HelmetBoi

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

I know those days well! It really does feel like there's someone watching you flicking every conceivable switch to make your day go as wrong as possible sometimes, I've had more of them than I can count but they always pass and the good stuff returns. They'll pass for you too. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

5. Olivier

Everyone has their good and bad days, don't worry about it:slight_smile: you will soon be free don't worry, just hold in there! :slight_smile:

6. Lewis

We all have those days! Just dust yourself down and start again tomorrow :slight_smile:

7. Lad123

Omg have a big (*hug*) from me!

It does sound like you had a rough day. Don't worry its not trivial at all and I doubt anyone is laughing at this either. I would be pretty upset if this happened to me too. I've had my fair share of those days where everything just seems to go wrong :icon_sad: Just look at the positives because at least you only lost some time and money. Money can be replaced but there is only 1 you. I know kinda cheesy... :slight_smile:

8. Pat

Pat

My sense of humor may not fit.. so, no comment lol.

9. Pain

Pain Guest

Whoever laughs at this has clearly never had a bad day, and only has schadenfreude. (*hug*) (*hug*)

10. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Poor guy, it's always all the little things that add up to a bad day...and then people around you don't understand what the big deal is and think it's a joke that you're upset... :frowning2:

But you've definitely earned lots of hugs. :slight_smile: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

11. VireBlaze

Heeey now. (&&&)

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough day. They happen, but that doesn't mean it makes it any easier. Sometimes, though, it helps when you find a bright side to things. I DO hope it gets better, though. (*hug*)

12. rg93

That is mean. Here, have a hug (*hug*)
    I have had these days though, they really suck and nobody likes them. But look on the bright side: now that all the bad stuff happened, it can only go up hill from here. :wink:

13. wandering i

I hate making mistakes with the bus/train!

14. Pat

Pat

Man, I've been there numerous times. As you get older and these things happen more frequently, you have to learn how to laugh and develop a thick skin. Life is full of ups and downs. When I was younger, I thought I could control every aspect of my life, but you just can't. Shit happens, have to roll with the punches or else this world will bury you. I did snicker, but it's not from ill intent, it's just because thats just how shit goes sometimes.

15. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Is that enough hugs? :slight_smile: I know how annoying it can be when you have one of those days! Hope tomorrow goes better!

16. Ticklish Fish

You're just not very alert today, huh? get enough sleep? something in your mind?

Sometimes I am clumsy like you... (ok, not with money and bus card, maybe other things)

Every time you get up from something (restaurant, bus, home, etc), try checking yourpockets for your shits lol. /yes, this might make you paranoid or even OCD

17. Just1Dude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry you had a rough day! May your tomorrow be 100% better : )

18. Gallatin

Keep your chin up! (*hug*)

19. everett

(*hug(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

20. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I find being in the closet is a full-time job, and keeps your your brain busy and distracted and kills your focus. I'm surprised that spiral of annoying events didn't describe every day of most of my life. Especially days when cute guys are involved and provide extra distraction :frowning2:.