Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th Oct 2012, 04:23 PM   #41
AshenAngel

Tournaments Won: 62

Default Re: What's the dumbest anti-gay or anti-gay marriage argument you've ever heard?

Oh, right. This one from someone i used to know last year: "it takes a man and a woman to have a child. gay people can't reproduce, so whats the point of letting them get married?" Oh, right. Because every married couple has kids, and every couple with kids gets married. Fucktard...
Old 17th Oct 2012, 04:58 PM   #42
Apprentice Programmer

Orientation: a + bi
Out Status: Out to everyone

Default Re: What's the dumbest anti-gay or anti-gay marriage argument you've ever heard?

Someone posted this in the news and politics section not too long ago:

How Women Will Be Hurt by Gay Marriage

Basically, legalizing gay marriage will turn all men gay because gay sex is superior to straight sex. However, women will still be primarily heterosexual because the writer cannot imagine what queer women do in bed, leaving them with a shortage of eligible partners. He knows this will happen because (according to him) Roman fell due to creating an atmosphere permissive of male homosexuality, greatly reducing its population over time.

I don't think I've ever seen an argument go so wrong on so many different levels before.

Last edited by Tetraquark; 17th Oct 2012 at 05:01 PM..
Tetraquark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 05:01 PM   #43
ლᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: Not in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohoDreamer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculous View Post
Best one, which I just saw today - unfortunately it was here in New Zealand, and I'm not used to seeing rubbish like this here. She is a home-schooled girl, and apparently her project was to submit an opinion to the local newspaper:

Good argument against home-schooling.
Saw this on facebook and all the commenters (bar a few) thought she was unbelievably stupid.

Am I the only one who thinks she was being a wonderful satirist?
Unfortunately it's genuine. The newspaper followed it up by talking to her mother.
Ridiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 05:10 PM   #44

Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: Mom and close friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by everett View Post
Ive read that I am a sin and yet I can be loved by those who consider me a sin, and that instead God will punish me for my choice =D

to which I said,your so called God is dead, you a fucking twat, and when you die and find nothing on the other side and I am still alive I WILL BE THE LAST ONE LAUGHING >=D
ikr???? I hate when people justify an argument and use god as a reason. Theres no solid evidence that there is a god or there isn't, so people can love who they want and be free :3
Old 17th Oct 2012, 06:18 PM   #45
Gordon Freeman

Orientation: Grey-A/demisexual/pansexual (to be specific)
Out Status: One friend (by accident)

"Because the Bible said so."

This one is my favorite. People who say this are enforcing their beliefs onto people who may or may not have the same beliefs; and in my opinion it is nothing less than the biggest bullshit for an anti-gay argument ever.
"What is your philosophy at New Scientist?", and he said, "Our philosophy at New Scientist is this: science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins on his passive-aggressive nature towards religion.
FollowtheFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 06:31 PM   #46
Well Known

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: A few people

How can we have we progressed so far and be so backward?
greg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 07:39 PM   #47

Out Status: Best friend only knows

'See, what if they just married for the benefits of marriage? It would ruin the sanctity of marriage!'

Uhhh, last time I checked it wasn't all to sacred. That and who the hell would do that?
Alexanderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2012, 07:52 PM   #48
going through life as usual :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderp View Post
'See, what if they just married for the benefits of marriage? It would ruin the sanctity of marriage!'

Uhhh, last time I checked it wasn't all to sacred. That and who the hell would do that?
actually, i think some straight couples already have flawed marriages like money, citizenship, etc, etc.
Old 17th Oct 2012, 08:02 PM   #49
EC's realist

divorced lady: being gay is a sinQ

me: so is divorce.

divorced lady: Oh that ws different I had reasons, besides I said I was sorry to God.

me: So, if I say I'm sorry to God then I'm cool?

divorced lady: only if you sleep with man again.

me: well did you re-marry your husband?

divorced lady: what?

me: well you said you were sorry but you're divorced so your still sinning.

divorced lady: you just don't understand!

me: yeah damn my reason and logic!
Old 18th Oct 2012, 12:30 AM   #50
comic relief

Orientation: Double Gay Lesbian

Sex With Ducks: the Music Video by Garfunkel and Oates - YouTube
Old 18th Oct 2012, 01:55 AM   #51
EC Addict

Orientation: People (Pan-romantic demisexual if labels matter)
Out Status: Immediate family, closest friend, whomever asks...

Rationalwiki, how will ssm marriage affect heterosexual marriage:
Ways same-sex marriage will affect heterosexual marriage - RationalWiki
In itself, homosexuality is as limiting as heterosexuality: the ideal should be to be capable of loving a woman or a man; either, a human being, without feeling fear, restraint, or obligation. - Simone de Beauvoir
Linthras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2012, 08:21 AM   #52
Im magic B*tches

Orientation: Student of Sappho

probably this video recently..

Marriage = Biology (Not Bigotry) - YouTube

They think they will be considered more credible just because the narrator has a british accent......

I am not from Your tribe....
CelticRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2012, 08:32 AM   #53
Towanda the Avenger

"It would destroy the institution of marriage"

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2012 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticRae View Post
probably this video recently..

Marriage = Biology (Not Bigotry) - YouTube

They think they will be considered more credible just because the narrator has a british accent......
That is literally the dumbest piece of shit I have ever seen in my life. My IQ just dropped about 10 points.
Old 18th Oct 2012, 11:56 AM   #54

Orientation: Lesbian

"Gays are not REAL people, they're QUEER people" Thanks niefew whom i helped raise. religion seems to be the biggest sorry excuse for not accepting ALL of mankind. What a pitty that life is so narrow for some people

Last edited by LaLaChaCha; 18th Oct 2012 at 11:59 AM..
LaLaChaCha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2012, 12:17 PM   #55
4 on the Kinsey scale maybe?

Out Status: a couple of coworkers

my grandmother thinks that all "non-straight" people are nothing but child molestors and pedophiles. she said that the only reason that gay people want to get married and/or adopt children is that they can molest the children and "turn" them gay. I wonder if she'd be so keen on saying ignorant things if she knew her grandson was bisexual?
Old 19th Oct 2012, 11:39 PM   #56
Hello ma friends :P

Out Status: Some people

"it's ok to be gay.....as long as u don't act on ur natural instincts...." Pffft!!
Olivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 01:31 AM   #57
EC Addict

Orientation: Apparently homoflexible?
Out Status: Pretty much everybody...

Quote:
Best one, which I just saw today - unfortunately it was here in New Zealand, and I'm not used to seeing rubbish like this here. She is a home-schooled girl, and apparently her project was to submit an opinion to the local newspaper:

I was just about to post this!!
Old 20th Oct 2012, 06:32 AM   #58
internet surrealist

best argument: b/c gay marriage will turn Britain into Nazi Germany

Gay Marriage Could Turn Britain Into Nazi Germany, Lord Carey Tells Rally At Conservative Party Conference
gordilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Oct 2012, 08:47 AM   #59
EC Addict

Out Status: All but family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendalehumans View Post
I dont believe in it because I see all of the proof against it
Could you elaborate on that?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SohoDreamer View Post
Quote:

Saw this on facebook and all the commenters (bar a few) thought she was unbelievably stupid.

Am I the only one who thinks she was being a wonderful satirist?
Unfortunately it's genuine. The newspaper followed it up by talking to her mother.
Oh, well then that's very sad. I actually thought she was being incredibly witty before. Nevermind.
SohoDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Oct 2012, 10:45 PM   #60
Sayin' hey

Orientation: Somewhere between lesbian and bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikk021 View Post
I hate the slippery slope argument that allowing gays to marry will open up marriage to basically anything—marriage to animals, marriage to inanimate objects, etc.

People also compare gay couples being together to things like incest, and some say it's even worse than incest.

I also hate when people say it's "not natural." What's "natural" anyways?!
Exactly! Since I was born gay, it's unnatural for me to want to have sex with men.

As to incest isn't as bad as gays, wow. I guess that explains the south.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by putresVigil View Post
"If we allow gay marriage then what is next? Do we allow people to marry/have sex with children? Animals? Refrigerators?"

This is one I hear most often. It is asinine out the gate and wildly offensive on two fronts - one because it conflates homosexuality with a primarily sex based motivation. Secondly because it demonstrates a dangerous lack of understanding concerning the definition of "rape". The fact that people equate homosexuality to pedophilia is pretty offensive to me, personally.

"Gay marriage will result in the gay lifestyle being pushed on us."

This is normally a point held by those who mirror the first one mentioned - to them, acceptance of homosexuality would lead to a vast increase in rape related crime. Alternately, they could believe in biblical retribution based on the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. This oft misunderstood story is told today that makes it sound like Sodomy that occurred in these cities was a reference to homosexual sex or penetration of non-vaginal orifices on a woman by a penis in general. In actuality, a cursory investigation of biblical wording from the Tanahk seems to indicate that Sodomy refers to Rape. This is substantiated by the story itself since the angels who came to warn Lot were assailed and nearly raped by hordes of townsfolk.

I suppose explaining this to them wouldn't help much since they conflate homosexual activity to rape, as it is.
Oh I'd love to do a fridge right now, so hot.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithawk View Post
"It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!"

I just want to punch people when they start that one.
Just congratulate them on their originality and then roll your eyes.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendalehumans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan82 View Post
Quote:

at least she believes in Evolution! in the US christian home schoolers don't believe in evolution!
I'm a Christian and a homeschooler (not really- this is my first year out of public school) and I don't believe in evolution. But I don't not believe in it because I'm homeschooled, I dont believe in it because I see all of the proof against it and it doesnt math my beliefs in the bible. I still didn't believe in evolution when I was pubic school.

I just don't understand how you decided that.
Some Christians do believe in evolution, though.
Lets not make assumptions.
I so want to attend your old school.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetraquark View Post
Someone posted this in the news and politics section not too long ago:

How Women Will Be Hurt by Gay Marriage

Basically, legalizing gay marriage will turn all men gay because gay sex is superior to straight sex. However, women will still be primarily heterosexual because the writer cannot imagine what queer women do in bed, leaving them with a shortage of eligible partners. He knows this will happen because (according to him) Roman fell due to creating an atmosphere permissive of male homosexuality, greatly reducing its population over time.

I don't think I've ever seen an argument go so wrong on so many different levels before.
Wow. Yep. We've got a winner here.

---------- Post added 23rd Oct 2012 at 01:01 AM ----------

Awesome. Although, this video has made me wish I was a duck now.
foundthlight357 is offline   Reply With Quote