1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible Hairdressers and Haircuts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LightningRider, Oct 18, 2012.

1. LightningRider

:tantrum: Just a little rant corner for people who have had bad experiences with hairdressers and haircuts.:tantrum:

~

My bad experience:

I went in to get my hair cut today at a different hairdressers than the one I usually go to...
    To state it simply; I didn't like it.

Everything was wrong about the place. The lady who did my hair was completely shut off from having any form of conversation, she refused to listen to how I wanted my hair done and she smelt badly of cigarettes.
    Not to mention they didn't have an Eftpos terminal... how are they even still open!?

I had to tell her twice I wanted it shorter and she still didn't cut it short enough.
    After the third time of not doing what I asked I decided to get the hell out of there before she had a chance to ruin my hair.
    At one point she said "Oh you don't want it too short sweetheart, you'll look like a boy." ...
    I really just wanted to shout at her "GOOD! DO IT THEN! And while you're at it, I'm 18, don't talk to me like I'm 5!"
    Uh and then the hair wax she put in my hair feels slimy and gross.

So basically yeah... Never ever ever getting my Nan to talk me into going to a 'better' hairdressers ever again. :dry:​

2. Greendalehumans

Oh man that must have sucked!
    I have extremely thick and really curly hair. Ugh. So I've got a lot of bad hair experiences. My worst haircut was when I went to this lady's house and she thinned out (never ever ever do this!!) all on the bottom half and it was way too much. And then the top half was just left alone! I had this weird ledge sort of thing in my hair for years! My hair takes so long to grow :frowning2: I had to get it all cut off which was horrible because at the time i was trying to grow it as long as I could.

Of course, now I'm going to get it all cut off (really short) soon so :slight_smile:

Good idea for a thread!

3. Possibly Maybe

Funny enough my experience is the other way around. They tend to cut too much:eusa_naug So ever since i figured that they (hairdressers) weren't doing anything for me, i started to do it myself. Yes, i cut my own hair :icon_wink

I just followed instrutions i found onlime, and it really works. Since i have long hair (34 inches from forehead to tips) i go for either a blunt cut or a U shaped one, and it's easy to do it on yourself at my length.

I think if they already before hand don't listen to you, you should leave.
    Good luck with the next cut!

4. Roman

Roman Guest

Hi, I've had similar experiences. Just remember that you are in control when you get a haircut. If you don't like the place, or the stylist, or the stylist's behavior, then by all means get up and leave. I had trouble doing this at first, but we're not obligated to go to a specific place/stylist lol.

I've found a place and a stylist I like, and I stick to them, but if I'm out of town or whatnot, I will be super picky. You said she smelled badly of cigarettes? Huge turn-off, although that doesn't necessarily correlate with ability. If a stylist looks rushed or disengaged, or even unkempt, I will politely say I'll wait for somebody else to be free. That also gives them a hint that something's off, and since their occupation is highly tip and referral based, they really should take those signals to heart.

5. Mogget

I have curly hair, which means that from the moment they start wetting my hair I already know that they, like every other goddamned barber in this town, don't know how to cut curly hair.

I think the absolute worst was when I asked to be cut to one inch long and they thought I said a type one razor or somesuch and gave me a buzzcut that practically made me bald.

6. Catkin

The last time I had my hair cut, I had to spend half an hour arguing with the hairdresser (and the gang of little old ladies having their hair curled) trying to convince the hairdresser to cut my hair short. I didn't even want it that short either, just above my shoulders. It was irritating, but kind of funny at the same time - the irony of having to convince a hairdresser to cut your hair!

7. Greendalehumans

I have really curly hair and its actually better for them to wash my hair first. Maybe because its longer? I don't know. But then they just cut it longer than I want it so that it dries to the right length.

Curly hair is so complicated :/

8. Mogget

At my hair's length it has to be shaped as much as cut, and wetting it down makes that impossible. I hate it when straight-haired people talk about how awesome curly hair is. They know nothing.

9. Olivier

Eh there is nothing that angers me more then a dodgy haircut!!!! I get really bitchy really quick.....haha my hair is like my everything....

10. timo

In my experience, barbers always cut it too short. A few weeks back was the absolute worst so far. When I got my hair cut I even brought a picture as an example of what I wanted. She managed to cut it to like half the size of the guy in the picture. Good job girl.

I'll still go to this place, just not have my hair cut by her again.

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I can't say I've ever had a legitimate problem with mine. My hairdresser runs her own salon, and went to high school with my parents. She's literally the only person that has cut my hair since the day I was born. If I ever have a problem it's that she doesn't cut/buzz it short enough. But I'm there every three weeks like clockwork anyway so it isn't a big deal. ^_^

12. Elicitra

Hairdressers Y U NO understand that a 'little bit' does not equate to half my hair

13. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Yeah, I've had a few bad experiences with hairdressers. My words of advice are this. 1. NEVER EVER GO TO A MILITARY BASE. My mom was shopping at the Commisary and the salon was nearby and I needed my bangs reshaped. She (the snotty woman working there) first agrued with me for like 20 minutes about how what I wanted wouldn't work with my hair because it was so thick (even though I've had it done the same way for years) finally, she thinks she understands me. So, first she whacked like half of it off and I left in tears. It took like a month for me to recover, physically and emotionally... and 2. If the hairdresser acts superior to you, LEAVE. Don't let them have the benefit of the doubt. If you're not completely satisfied with how they treat you when you walk in, then you know they won't be giving you their full attention the entire time you're there.