1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs, Fishies, or Cats?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by strawberryontop, Oct 18, 2012.

1. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have lots of pets. 28 fishes (guppies & teras), 3 cats, and 4 dogs. But Bianca (my dog) is the only pet i have here with me.

Which do you prefer? I love animals. Especially the cuddly ones. Fishies are fun to take care of, too. Watching them swim in your tank helps you relax and feel comfy. :>

While cats and dogs, will jump right at you and lick your face. Yes, my cats lick my face too haha. They rub their faces on me and make a soft purr. :slight_smile: My four dogs on the other hand, sleeps with me everytime i'm in our backyard. They just sit there and look at me with those sweet sweet big brown eyes. <3 :slight_smile:

And right now, I have to bathe Bianca. I'm afraid she caught some fleas. *sigh* :frowning2:

2. Onyxknight

I love animals of all kinds. ^_^ I had a betta named Basil (he was a Crowntail, so we gave him a royal name, lol), but he died about a year ago. No idea what was wrong. I currently have two cats, both black (one's sitting on my butt as I lay on my stomach on the floor), but I would LOVE to have a dog, preferably of the pit variety. Also a snake. :slight_smile: I had a cockatiel when I was younger, but I didn't take care of him very well, so my parents gave him away.

3. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WOW. A crowntail betta? *___* I wish that's available here. Have you seen a rosetail betta? IT'S REALLY REALLY PRETTY :slight_smile:

I recommend a japanese spitz for a dog. That's Bianca's breed. They are very adorable :slight_smile:

Why would you want a snake? :slight_smile: I'm scared of snakes. Yikes.

4. Onyxknight

I don't think I've even heard of a rosetail betta, lol. I'm not a huge fan of little lap dogs, but that one's actually kinda cute. And snakes are awesome. My dad had a boa when I was little, and according to him, I answered the door with it around my neck when I was about 5 and scared the crap out of some lady, lol. I've always liked them, I guess because I'm used to them.

Edit: Just looked up rosetails, and they look very similar to halfmoons, but according to this one site, they're actually halfmoons bred for specific characteristics, resulting in the rosetail. The differences aren't noticeable at first glance, but if you really look at it, specifically the tail, you'll likely see the difference.

#4 Onyxknight, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  5. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Google it. They're really pretty. I swear :slight_smile:

So you have some kind of "snake" lair before? O____O What happened to the boa?

6. Onyxknight

I think we only had the one, and I'm not sure what happened to it. My dad probably got rid of it when we moved or something. Funny, I never thought to ask him, lol.

7. Jared

I'm a total cat person, they're so lovable if you treat them well. I bottled raised a cat when I was 12 and I just love him to death. He loves to sleep with me, I usually wake up with him on me. I miss him(I'm living in a dorm right now), but hopefully I'll get to see him soon. [​IMG]

8. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    During our first sem in my school, we had this project in bio wherein we have to choose a pet to use for experiment until the end of spetember. My mates chose a snake. And i saw it ate 5 mice in 3 minutes. It was very frightening lol.

---------- Post added 19th Oct 2012 at 11:21 AM ----------

Aww. You're cat is such a cutie :slight_smile: Is it a he or a she?

9. Vesper

I adore cats, though I do love dogs as well (just not nearly as much). I'd actually be game for owning some small pets (gerbils, hamsters, etc.), birds (macaws, parrots, etc.), or other less popular pets, but I'm going get a cat before any other species.

For now, the only "pets" I have are plants, and I can only daydream about a cat showing its affection toward me.

#9 Vesper, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  10. Jared

It's a he, his name's Harry. I named him after Harry Potter since I found him the day book 6 came out.

11. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love cats, too. Especially when they purr. Oh myy. It's a heart stopper for me. I have a cat before, her name is Valentine. I bought her cat nips and a couple of yarn balls she could play with. The following day, i saw the yarn all over her and she can't move because it's thickly wrapped around her lol.

How old is your Harry?

I RECOMMEND A PERSIAN CAT FOR YOU Chouchou :slight_smile:

12. Jared

He turned 7 a few months ago.

13. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is he you're only cat?

14. Onyxknight

Wow, that's a LOT of mice for one snake at one time. They normally eat only one mouse once a week, or once every two weeks to a month in the winter. How big was the snake, and how big were the mice?

15. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was in a thousand liter of a tank. And the mice were really small. The thing is, he swallowed it really fast and went for the others. After that, the entire class got really anxious because of what they saw and our professor told my mates to get rid of it. I wonder where they put it..

16. prism

Cats! I like the idea of owning a giant dog, but I don't like the idea of walking it every day for 10+ years. Plus, I only ever want to live in large cities and big dogs need more space. ):

17. strawberryontop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't have to walk it everyday. Some indoor exercises will do :slight_smile:

18. Jared

We have 5 cats, but he's the only one I really consider mine, he seriously hates everybody but me.

19. Onyxknight

That's a big tank! I wonder where they got a snake that big, lol.

Prism
    , if you do decide to get a big dog and don't walk him everyday, he may get bored and develop bad habits, like chewing on shoes or tearing up couches and stuff. Even letting him out in the yard to run around won't help, it just makes them more hyper, and can make behavioral problems worse. You need structured exercise. It's best to walk them every day, even medium and small dogs.

Not all are created equal. Some are bred to do vigorous activity, some are just meant as lap dogs. For example, huskies and malamutes are bred as sled dogs, so they have an enormous amount of energy, and would be high maintenance as far as exercise. Rottweilers, and even little dachshunds are bred for lots of running. Definitely do some research into different breeds, and what will work best for your area and schedule.

20. aeva

As a vet tech, I love pretty much all animals (not a huge fan of birds though). I'm definitely more of a dog person, although I've only ever owned cats (due to parental and then apartment restrictions. I've got one with me at college). I've owned a ton of fish too, but none currently.