1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kissing: A Big Deal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Oct 18, 2012.

1. jaysuss

I was wondering what your thoughts were on kissing. I myself kiss anyone that asks and it doesn't mean much to me. I think i would hesitate to kiss someone i like though. What are you views on it. Open interpretation.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it could just be that the first couple of times that I kissed guys, they were in casual sexual encounters, but I wasn't all that excited. Making out just doesn't excite me all that much, but I am happy to do for a partner who wants that (which is like most people). I see it as a time to work on technique.

I prefer cuddling more, and that's my intimate thing.

Perhaps you should go to France, because there it is much less intimate than we consider it. Although I suppose you mean more than just a cheek peck...

3. jaysuss

Yeah i do mean more then that.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So like what is it that you don't consider a big deal? Lips-only or even farther?

5. jaysuss

Lips only pretty much. Cuddling is something i will do with anyone

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kissing isn't much to me, but it depends on the circumstances. Making out at a party generally doesn't mean anything.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, okay, you're a touchy feely kind of guy. The world needs more of you.

8. jaysuss

I like being physical because i think it means you really care about people and you want to show it more then saying it.

9. Mogget

Kissing can mean a lot or a little depending on who I'm kissing and how I feel about them. I can and do enjoy doing it casually, though I've never done it at a party or in public.

10. Mai Hasegawa

I'm extremely self-conscious about kissing, probably because I've never really did it yet. I think I might have pecked some best friends on the cheek two or three times in my life and the rest is just close family when they basically ask for it.
    Physical contact: wanted, needed and feared, sadly.

11. vyvance

I'll kiss someone important to me as a sign of affection, but I don't like it. I only do it if they want it, cause I think its gross.

12. Tycho

I've only really experienced kissing in a casual context (and, admittedly I was intoxicated most of the time - not proud of that). I think it is as much of a deal as you want it to be.

I think it can be a big deal when you are taking it slow and trying to be serious with someone.. mainly because I get so nervous about it...

13. ive kissed a few people casually just for the fun of it when i was younger but it doesnt mean much to me. a kiss is a kiss.

but if it was a proper passionate kiss with someone who i was interested in then it would be different. but generally speaking no its not a big deal to me.

14. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kissing isn't that big of a deal to me. I've kissed quite random people at parties. I liked it, but it's not like it's extremely exciting.

However, kissing someone you love is a whole other story. I mean it still isn't a real big deal, but it can definitely be verrryyy exciting. It can be passionate, it can be affectionate and sweet.. *sigh* A good kiss or make out session is awe-some, and will almost always end up in more. If you're with someone you love, that is.. those kisses are completely different than random/casual ones.

15. Alexander69

I've never kissed someone except when I was drunk and I don't even remember but it ended my friendship with my friend since it was her boyfriend :/

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

All the kisses I've ever had have always been a big deal, since I really liked the person I was kissing, so I guess I would say they're a big deal for me. I have a hard time "letting people in," if you will, so if I get comfortable enough with someone to kiss them, that's a pretty big milestone in the relationship.

17. livinglifefree

I feel very similarly. Kissing someone you are in love with is a big deal. You can feel it over every part of your body and it creates a closeness. Albeit it might have been a bigger deal for me because I didn't kiss her for the first time until after I was already in love.

18. PurpleCrab

To me, kissing is a powerful tool to make people feel Wow and to make them want more. I'm not indifferent about kissing but it can be with or without love, that doesn't matter.
    Cuddling, however, is more related to emotions (to me). I will cuddle with a friend, a lover, even a stranger that I like but I won't cuddle with somebody I don't like.

19. aeva

It depends. I've definitely kissed some people casually, but it's usually under the influence of drugs or alcohol (not usually my thing, but it's happened a few times when I was younger) and it didn't go any further than that (I've had casual sex twice, but I was interested in it becoming more, so I don't know if that counts.).

There are definitely people that have wanted to kiss me, and I've either said no or made it clear that it wasn't going to happen.

When it's somebody I'm interested in, it's a huge deal!

20. livewithoutlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Kissing to me, isn't a big deal. I would kiss anyone if they wanted to I guess, as long as they & I were both single. If I liked them though, I think I would take a second to decide..