1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uk places

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flyinhernikes, Oct 19, 2012.

1. where are places you like in the uk? (apart from london)

i like travelling the uk as and when i can, i just want other peoples opinion on where they like/think is nice.

doesnt have to be just for things to do/travel wise e.t.c. just anywhere you personally like :slight_smile:. i just like seeing places :'D

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends what kind of things you like doing, or seeing? Do you like beautiful countryside? Cities? History? LGBT friendly?

3. up for going anywhere, doesnt have to have much to do or be lgbt friendly or be a big city, i just like seeing places :slight_smile:

4. timo

I liked Cardiff when I went there a few years back. Or Wales and its landscape in general.

5. TheEmWord

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the hustle and bustle of City life, so Birmingham is great, but Glasgow has to be one of my favs xx

6. SFSorrow

Oxford is a really nice old city with lots of interesting corners to explore, and I recently visited York and liked it there for similar reasons. Pembrokeshire is a really lovely part of Wales with lots of good coastline and countryside.

Otherwise my vote would go for London, Brighton and Bristol as they're all places with lots of stuff going on like gigs, exhibitions and that kind of thing. Manchester is supposed to be good for that too but I've not visited yet.

7. Ben

Ben

I guess it depends on what you're into. I see you're from Scotland, so you've probably been to Edinburgh already, and the highlands are really pretty if you like nice views. Down in England, London is where all the touristy stuff is at and the lakes are probably the most pretty things.

8. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why 'appart from London'?
    The South Bank of the Thames is my favourite place in the world.

9. FJ Cruiser

For the longest time, the British Isles didn't appeal all that much to me for travel, but now I really want to go. I'm chalking it up to feeling some sort of ancestral homeland pull. I'm wanting to visit my friend who's studying in Bristol this next summer, but it's not exactly a hotbed of tourism. Other than London, Edinburgh, and Glasgow, I'm attracted to more isolated places of the UK like Cornwall, Wales, the Scottish Highlands, and Northern Ireland (I'm pretty sure I'm mostly Ulster Scots ancestry) for some reason.

10. i lived there until i was 16 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

thanks for all the suggestions! :slight_smile:

11. CTJ

CTJ

I love Cambridge, Definitely need to go on the punts if you do go. I did used to live there for a few months, its just so expensive, i'd definitely live there in a heartbeat if i could afford it.

12. Harve

My favourite British cities:

1. Manchester
    2. Glasgow
    3. Liverpool
    4. Sheffield
    5. York
    6. Exeter
    7. Cardiff
    8. Newcastle
    9. Leeds
    10. London

Some of these I've visited far more extensively than others.