1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wardrobe change!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Muraba, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Muraba

Muraba Guest

I'm really tired of wearing clothes that are either old, bought by my parents with ugly graphics on the front, and ugly jeans from wal-mart. Where can I get some good clothes? Just name a couple of shops or websites for good clothes. (!)

2. jaysuss

Tillys.com is good depending on your style. LV is also pretty awesome. I am also in your situation i just have no money to spend on clothes.

3. Jared

I'm a big fan of Ross and TJ Maxx, though I like TJ Maxx a lot better. They both sell name brand and designer clothes at a big discount. I've gotten a few pairs of $150 designer jeans for $30 each. It's nice to get the expensive clothes without the oversized price tag. TJ Maxx seems to have more stuff that I like, but what they have depends on where you live.

4. Olivier

Pravda, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, vendi, calibre, hollister, abercrombie and Fitch, Versace, louboutin, tommy hil. , polo Ralph Lauren, Armarni, Saba are some of my favorites:slight_smile:

5. Muraba

Muraba Guest

Yah, I just got paid. I don't have anything to pay or pitch into, so I am going to spend it on clothes!! :grin:

6. jaysuss

I just impulse bought a watch and three pairs of jeans with money I didn't have....

7. Jared

Ouch, that's not good.

8. jaysuss

But I looked so fine in all of them. That will compensate I am sure. The watch matches my blue eyes as well!

9. Jared

Nice justification, it sure does feel good when you've got some nice clothes, just not when you don't have the money to afford them.

10. redstormrising

looking great doesn't compensate for being in debt, as far as i'm concerned. i wouldn't be able to sleep at night, spending money i don't have

11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Marshall's has great name brand clothes for cheap prices. I can never go in there without leaving with more than I intended to buy. :grin:

12. Ticklish Fish

not wal mart? lol. Target? Old navy? Gap? Ross? Marshall?

13. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    rue 21 is my favorite store like...ever. and you can get a ton of clothes for practically nothing there

14. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Drift stores, and vintage stores are amazing places to get the good stuff

but if you're really against shopping there (which would be a loss because they sometimes have amazing stuff)

then other good but sometimes expensive stores are Zara, Topman (if you're in Canada) and American Apparel

15. prism

Depends on your style and how much you're willing to pay for clothing. As a broke college student, I'm quite the fan of Salvation Army and Goodwill. ;P

When I'm in a better place financially, I know I'm going to buy out J-Crew and Madewell.

16. timo

Topman.
    Asos.
    Urban Outfitters.

17. Aielar

I buy clothes from the thrift store regularly (never socks or underwear though, just to be on the safe side) which saves money for me and also helps the environment, so it's a win win. I don't typically go out looking for brand name clothes but I do have two quicksilver shirts that I got basically brand new for second hand from the thrift shop. I've also scored several Canucks shirts (which are ridiculously overpriced everywhere else). Sometimes I'll go to Warehouse One but a pair of jeans is like fifty dollars there so it's a once a year thing. Winners has nice things for lower prices if you're willing to spend a chunk of time looking through clothes :slight_smile:

18. starfish

I'd suggest saving part of it. 10% is a good number, since you don't have anything which requires the money I'd go with 25%. It is always nice to have savings when an emergency comes up.

When buying clothes I like to go at the end of the season and buy stuff on clearance. I'll go to some of the higher end stores like Dillards or Macy's and browse all of the clearance racks. I usually don't have a problem find nice shirts for about $10.

I tend to shop at JCPenny a lot. Again usually because I can find something on the clearance rack, but even at full price it is not too expensive.