1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crassus, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Crassus

Crassus Guest

What kinds of sports do you do? If you don't do sports yourself, are you a fan of any sports?

I myself do Taekwondo and MMA. I also like to do a bit of horseback riding, when I have the time.

I'm going to my first Rollerderby match tonight. My friend is playing for the first time, and I'm really excited to go see what Rollerderby is all about.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play snooker. A lot. At one stage i was playing 5 days a week at least. I'm also a fan of snooker and watch as much as i can.

I also play soccer as a goalkeeper and am okay. I'm uncoordinated but have very fast reflexes and am quite tall.

I sail regularly, usually once a week, sometimes twice. Sailing seems to be in my blood, all the males in my father's side took up sailing of their own accord. We all love it.

I used to play a bunch of others but none worth really noting.

3. jaysuss

I was actually a pro at racquetball for awhile. I was beating university teams at the age of 12 until I decided to stop playing (horrible choice). I took up swimming afterwards and I am still in it. I love swimming it is just to much work.

4. starfish

I used to be a powerlifter, but a back injury pretty much put an end to that.

My back it doing better. I'm thinking of joining an adult ice hockey league next year. Though I don't know how to skate, so I guess I should learn that first.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what's racquetball?

6. jaysuss

I guess you could say it is like tennis but in an enclosed room. You play against another player an your goal is to make it so they can't hit the ball before it bounces twice.

7. prism

I've never played on an organized team, but I used to love playing baseball and badminton.

I've never been interested in watching sports, and I don't really have time to play anymore. Now I cycle, lift, and run for exercise.

Rollerderby sounds awesome! Apparently I had a badass great aunt that was a pro in the 1950s. It can get rough, but you'll definitely enjoy it. Hope your friend stays safe!

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I don't really enjoy sports...but I like watching Ballet...does that count as sport? omg...probably not....hehehe

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so it's just what we call squash?

10. timo

I don't do sports. I don't find it enjoyable and I fail miserably at every attempt I make.

11. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I did Kung Fu for a while some years ago, but nothing right now.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like skiing and scuba diving. I'm not at all a fan of team sports though. I also like watching tennis on TV, and the olympics.

13. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play soccer, and am I passionate fan, have been for as long as I can remember. I go to the stadium every Sunday to support my city's team. If there's one thing that can get me agressive, it's soccer.

I also run a couple times a week, usually.

Other than that, I pretty much watch any sport on tv.

14. i dont do any, but i do love running im just yet to find a place where i can do it like a running club or something :frowning2:

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Or go alone with some music on, that way you can run how fast you like without having to worry about other's falling behind/having to catch up with others.

16. redstormrising

i was a gymnast growing up. now i run - preferably on trails, but on roads when i can't. treadmills are an absolute last result, i really hate running on treadmills, so boring!

17. The Queen Bee

Since I'm a Sapphic warrior, obviously hokey, soccer and basketball.
    lol

Just kidding... I hate team supports. What can I say... I just can't get in the same vibe with the rest of the group.

Hmm... I loooooooooooove Karate. I wish I'd have continue going when I first started it. I'd be a Black belt by now.:icon_bigg I'm Purple, though. :eusa_danc
    Now I don't have really the time to focus on that.
    But, I jog (my new fixation) and looove to ride my bike.

18. ultrabluecheese

I've played quite a few sports as well, but I wouldn't consider myself an athlete in any sense of the word; I'm not nearly competitive enough, and I don't mind losing--as long as I put up a good fight.

Volleyball was something I was really invested in throughout high school, but I don't play so much anymore because it's hard to get a team together and a time that fits my schedule.

Also, I played soccer as a kid, but I don't think that really counts. Child sports isn't necessarily about the sport itself--it's more about developing social skills. I wonder where those went? :lol:

Someone else mentioned ballet in the thread, and if that's considered a sport, then I've been doing that for two years now. It's honestly more of a hobby than anything, and I absolutely love it. :slight_smile:

19. aeva

I danced (ballet and modern) for 12 years and rode horses for a while, but never did anything else. I'm have zero competitiveness.

20. shy

shy

I play tennis and badminton in teams and practice regularly. I did ju-jitsu but I had to stop due to my food and I don't really have time for it now. And I like diving