1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first "I love you!"/My love poem

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Oct 20, 2012.

1. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok I started this thread because I wanted to know how many of you guys have heard or uttered those three words! If so, what were the circumstances around it, how did you react/what was the reaction you got, are you still with them/never felt the same... etc.

I'm inspired, because even though I know my love is unrequited I'm going to tell my best friend I love her Monday. I'm a mess living in lies about it, hiding my wounds when she talks about guys, missing nights where I can't cuddle up next to her, trying to distance myself but then hearing her say "I miss you so much! It's been a whole week!". Since I want to maintain our friendship, I feel she deserves to know... and also be told in a sweet romantic way.

So I bought some love scrolls at the World Market that were said to have been used by royal messengers to announce state announcements and marriage alliances. Indian princes were also said to have used them for love notes to princesses. I'm going to write in our secret code (so only she can read it) and I wrote a poem to give it more depth. I'm using a purple scroll since its her favorite color, and I know she absolutely loves poetry. This is the poem I wrote.

It's something you may have pondered,
    Why has she seemed so cold?
    I'll answer what you may have wondered,
    With the secrets I've left untold.

I quite enjoy the fairer sex,
    As a victim you should know,
    The Heavens gave me quite a hex,
    And Cupid a disgraceful arrow.

Tears come often from living in lies,
    When I see you I'm in a haze,
    There's no true living when in disguise,
    This unrequited love is why we need space.

2. livinglifefree

My girlfriend actually told me she loved me over text because we are long distance. It was about five pages and the sweetest thing I have ever read. I told her that I was in love with her, too. I was completely excited and terrified at the same time. I had been in love with her for almost a year, but we had only been dating for about a month so I didn't want to tell her how I felt yet. It was such a relief when she told me and I could reciprocate. We are very much together today. We have almost been dating for a year now.

Also I wanted to add that I think your poem is really cute. I commend your boldness and wish you the best of luck! You will have to let us know how it goes.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! :grin: I have been inspired to stop wallowing in self pity and just tell her from people like you on this site. (*hug*) A cowardly life is no way to live, and I hope I'll at least get an A for effort. =/ It'll make for a great story later when we can look back on this and laugh right....? *nervous laughter*

4. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow:eek: That's a pretty good poem (beautyful too!). I know if someone wrote something like that to me, I'll be crying :thumbsup:

As for a anecdote over a "I love you"....., well I've never been told that. But I once told it to someone.

She was a very dear friend, and for almost all the high school we hang out together (as friends). Only the last day I got the courage to ask her to be my girlfriend, but she refused to answer (that being a no, of course).

Over the next years, I asked her 2 more times. The last one, I actually said I loved her. But she bringed up the old excuse (I knew whenever she told a lie), so I knew she wasn't going to admit she didn't like me at all. So I tried to still be her friend, but when I got knowledge she got married secretly, I stopped talking to her.

Sorry, I know this is not exactly a happy story :icon_sad:

But, anyway, I wish you luck, and hope your friend react positive to you!!!

:kiss: and (*hug*)!!

5. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*) I'm sorry to hear she didn't return your affections, but she obviously didn't deserve you!

Thank you for complimenting my poetry! I'm going to put it on her desk in her room while shes in class Monday because that's as brave as I get with matters of the heart. :icon_sad:

6. livinglifefree

I completely agree. You can only have love if you put yourself out there. I realize this increases the risk of heartbreak, but it also opens the door to a possibility of great love. I wouldn't worry too much because she is your best friend. So even if she doesn't return your feelings, you shouldn't lose her because real best friends stick with you through anything. If she does return your feelings, then you will be lucky enough to actually date your best friend. I really hope things go well for you! You deserve it and you have a whole community here that believes in you.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much! :kiss: I don't think she feels the same, but we do share a deep bond, even for friends, so I think she'll try to be sensitive about it. I know her, and shes just the sweetest girl I've ever known and I've told her practically everything. I believe she will respect me enough to stay friends with me and give me space if I need it.

8. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Strangely I never told any partners of mine I loved them except for the guy I'm with right now. I've had two girlfriends, and it just never felt right to say it.

With my current boyfriend it did feel right. We were half sitting/half lying on the couch watching a movie, my head on his chest, and he just kissed me and said "I love you." It didn't sound weird at all, I was actually quite happy that he said it, and so told him I loved him too. Simple as that :slight_smile: It was just sooo perfect (*hug*)

Also, your poem is really really nice! I hope everything goes well Monday!

9. livinglifefree

You can never know for sure until you tell her how you feel anyway. I am glad that you don't have to risk losing a friend. Those are the friends we could all use. Especially when we are still in the process of coming out. I wish you the best of luck!

10. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awwww that's a really cute story! :love:
    Thank you! I finally finished writing in our code on the scroll. Now to wait til Monday when she leaves the house...

---------- Post added 20th Oct 2012 at 12:33 PM ----------

Yes she's the greatest person I've ever known. I always spew molten lava crazy on her, and she always listens. :slight_smile: It shouldn't even surprise her that I love her. I don't see how everyone doesn't since shes so damn lovable!

11. livinglifefree

People that can handle your crazy are worth holding on to. Today was the big day, right? How did it go?