1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For gay guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 20, 2012.

1. This may also could be applied to other members of the LGBT community, but anyway.....

I have a crush on a gay guy for the first time! (having only been around the LGBT scene for a year). That being said, I don't know if he'll like me back so....

Gay guys, if another gay guy asks you out and you're not attracted to them, how do you generally feel?

I only know how a straight guy would react because that's all I've been around for so long (I'm 16) and how I feel varies.

2. Pain

Pain Guest

How you would feel and act would be based on your personality. I would feel very reluctant (absolute NO), but I would tell the person (if asked politely), "I'm sorry, I'll be busy with ____________ that day..."

If asked whorishly or abruptly, I would be like "NO, GO AWAY. I'M NOT INTERESTED."

3. Gen

Gen

Hmm, well that depends. I, myself, am a believer that physical attraction, although not as important as emotional attraction, still is important in a relationship. I want him to love and be proud of the way that I look, and would want to feel that same way about him.

That being said, I am pretty lenient when it comes to looks and I am attracted to probably the most diverse types of men possible. Honestly, I would say that if deep down inside I felt as though there was nothing there, I would probably want to stay friends. However, if they are just more of average in my eyes, I would definitely give them a chance, because physical appearance does greaten with emotional attraction so he might be just alright when I meet him, but godly in my eyes in a few weeks :lol:.

So I would say on a nuetral level, we are ok. But if he is more in the negatives, that would be difficult.

4. BudderMC

Well, I've never been on the receiving end of this conversation, but I think I'd be feeling bad because they've finally found someone who they stand a shot with, and I still can't return their feelings for me.

I'm sure if I had to turn someone down, it'd largely depend on how close I was with the person. Honestly, I'd probably be trying to make an excuse or something to explain my disinterest. Nobody really wants to hear "I really just don't like you".

5. NickD

Me, I would be extremely flattered. But, I also have body image issues and the like, so any attention is nice. But if I'm not attracted, I of course let him down easy but am careful not to burn bridges. This could be a best friend you haven't met yet.

6. Rinamir Mortem

I would be flattered and constantly strive to do the gentlemanly thing and humour them if I believe there is some level of attraction. After all, they took the effort to ask me out and I might find myself coming to like them on the night. If they are not even the least bit attractive I figure it would be best to draw the line and bluntly tell them I am not interested and offer a more low key tea/coffee and hope to foster a friendship instead.

7. HatterMad

Wait. he's jest now asking me out?

Then I only think I'm not attracted, I don't really know it. People are so much more then we see in there everyday faces.

I'm not interested, but I'm available, then I tell him I'll go out with him.

If I'm still not into him, then I tell him as nicely as I can, because I would still want to remain friends unless he was a real jerkoff.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Physical attraction is a big enough piece of the puzzle for me at this point in my life that I'd probably turn him down, but I'd definitely do so with tact and politeness. I'd like to say I'd try to foster a friendship, but if we aren't already friends, I'd feel kinda bad giving him that as a "consolation prize". I've been on the other end of that conversation, and I was lucky enough that the guy was interested at first, but if he had just said, "I'm not interested in dating right now, but we could still be friends," that would have just poured salt in the wounds for me. I guess I'd have to gauge it off of how he took me turning him down.

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, if he's got the balls to come up and ask me out, I'd be into him no matter what. Attraction, both physical and mental/emotional, is something that develops over time with me as I get to know a person. I'd easily give a first date a try with him and take it from there. :slight_smile:

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was once asked out by a girl I wasn't interested in at all. I didn't know her all that well, but from what I knew, I didn't like her much, even on a friend level. She had also just broken up with one of my friends. So I was flattered, but also felt really awkward and didn't know what to say - I didn't want to insult her, and I think I ended up saying that I was interested in someone else.

11. jaysuss

I would go on a date with him and see where that leads. I think there is no point in not trying to find out you like someone by spending just a bit of time with them. Maybe you'll learn that you do like him more then you originally thought!

12. FishMan27

I'm out to quite a few friends. After coming out to one of my friends who is gay, he asked me if I had ever had a crush on someone. I told him about my first crush. It was a really recent crush at the time. Anyway, he later said that he thought I liked him, and he said he liked me. I basically told him that I was flattered, but I'm not looking for any kind of romantic relationship regardless of crushes.

He still texts me every now and then just to see how I'm doing. He knows that coming out of the closet can be kind of depressing, and I think he's just trying to be there for me, which I appreciate. I've turned to him several times when it comes to figuring this all out, and we're still friends. Having had my first crush fairly recently, I know it can be difficult to let go, and I just hope he doesn't still think about that.

But anyway, you really never know how someone will react unless you ask them. When my friend told me he liked me, I just politely said I wasn't looking for a relationship (which is true, I wasn't).