1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bugs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jaysuss

Bugs and all the things that you just hate that crawls and is smaller then a toaster. I hate the things and I refuse to kill them. They make me angry. What are you opinions? (They all deserve to die. None of them are good...especially spiders)

2. Ticklish Fish

I study biology and I am not going to begin about how no matter how many you kill, they make more babies than us. Yes, in a way they're pestilence, but in a way they also balance.

I like fictional bugs, but real life bugs still give me the creeps sometimes

3. jaysuss

I know they reproduce more so lets make a pesticide that we can introduce into the atmosphere that the only thing it does is kill the bugs that go around me. It doesn't hurt anyone or the environment but kills the stupid things!

4. Ticklish Fish

.... lol. don't die from pesticide

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I hate bugs. Spiders, centipedes, silverfish, cockroaches, beetles...pretty much any kind of insect or crawly thing...as soon as I see them, especially if they're in my room where I can't just run away from them...my heart starts to race and I panic. I have a genuine phobia of them. Just thinking about them now makes me feel as if there are nasty hairy things crawling all over me. :eek:

I love animals, but I honestly couldn't care less about bugs. Some people are crazy and actually like them. I remember as a child for Christmas one year a relative gave me this toy set of plastic realistic spiders and insects...and I remember thinking to myself, why the hell would anyone want this?! :confused:

6. madi

I have mixed feelings around bugs. If they are inside of my house I generally kill them, but if they are outside I leave them alone.
    The way I look at it, as long as they're not in my house then they are being a helpful and necessary part of the ecosystem. If they are in my house, then they are just creeping me out.

7. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I'm one of those weirdos who really likes bugs. When I was a kid, I wanted to take home any bug I saw as a pet, and I still have a big interest in arthropodology today.

8. PurpleCrab

Weirdo #2 here!!

I like some bugs very much, others leave me indifferent. I have great respect for their lives though and will go out of my way to save them if I can. I also have great respect for their place in the food chain; do you realize how many species of animals would be instinct if your wish of killing all the bugs was granted? I strongly believe that if there was no more bugs alive at all it wouldn't be very long before all animal life (and most vegetal life too) would go instinct too because they play a very important role in so many levels of the food chain.

So bugs are there to stay. That you feel such deadly hate towards insects must be a personal issue, I bet you'd feel so much better if you rid yourself of that destructive emotion.

9. Pain

Pain Guest

I like spiders in theory, but not in practice; they eat other bugs like flies, mosquitos, etc. But one thing I could absolutely do without are house centipedes. I scream each time I see one, and thankfully, haven't for months.

http://shotgunwildatheart.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/housecentipede2.jpg

uggghhh.... it takes me all the strength I have not to feel completely paranoid right now...

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so glad you say you refuse to kill them!!!

I love them, the only ones i kill are the ones with the potential to seriously harm me. I kill white-tailed spiders because i have seen how seriously profound the effects of their bite have been on some people.

I kill ticks, leeches, fleas, mosquitoes, lice, and anything else that in some way wants to get at my precious bodily fluids.

Sydney funnel-web spiders are actually literally deadly, but even the one of those i did find i didn't kill, i captured it and gave it to the hospital, i hear they collect them for the anti-venene programs which save lives.

I have been known to handle huntsman spiders i have found (never been bitten, they're very easy to handle and impressively large!), mantises, phasmids (stick insects), all manner of creepy-crawlies that many people would find repugnant. House cockroaches i don't like to handle very much as they're not exactly gentle or docile, and they're just not very aesthetically pleasing. The large, more sedate ones i'm sure would be lovely to handle. For the most part i find bugs beautiful though and love to handle them.

Try handling a praying mantis one time. They have very good vision and you can actually see their eyes look in different directions. If you bring your face up to it, it can lock vision on to you even as you move around and seem to be looking right into your eyes. It's a lovely experience

11. timo

I googled these... shouldn't have done that. they're fucking HUGE.

Any insect/spider/... bigger than about 2cm scares the living hell out of me. Especially when they can fly. Yuck. Luckily we don't have many of them where I live.

12. BudderMC

...I pray I never have to meet a crawly that's almost toaster-sized... :confused:

Anyways, I'll kill bugs. I'll save them if someone else wants to, but otherwise, I'll kill them. And I'm a huge arachnophobe. *shudder*

13. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I like spiders because they kill the more annoying bugs. I generally won't kill bugs besides the moths that have infested my house. I've actually gotten pretty good at snatching them out of the air.

14. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huntsmen are actually very friendly. Firstly they will kill other, actually dangerous spiders and secondly, they will do their absolute best to avoid humans. Thirdly, even if you pick one up, so long as you are gentle about it they seem quite content to be handled, i suspect it has something to do with the warmth of your hand being comfortable. Finally, even if you do have the misfortune to do something to threaten the spider, it will probably just run away instead of trying to hurt you, and even if it did bite you the effects are no worse than a bee sting.

Funnel-web spiders on the other hand are things that deserve to be feared. They're aggressive and deadly.

15. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Bugs don't bother me that much. But where I live we have a ton of wolf spiders that can get pretty big. The worst part is that they carry their babies on thier back so when you step on one hundreds of tiny spiders swarm the surrounding area. :eek:

16. aeva

Most bugs don't bother me too much. They all serve their purpose, and who am I to interfere with that? A lot of them give me that creepy-crawly skin feeling, but that doesn't mean they deserve to die, and I won't run screaming from the room at the sight of them.

I will kill them if they're on me, or on a patient (I once found 76 ticks on one dog. Don't even get me started with fleas), but I try to leave them alone if they aren't doing any harm. I'm more likely to take pictures if it's a large and interesting looking. We actually have a really cool one on my front porch right now, but I can't figure out what type he is. He was a very good model.

Maggots really gross me out, especially when they're in a wound, but I know they're actually beneficial to the healing process. Cockroaches also terrify me...they're just icky.

17. Lark

Lark Guest

Anything that's not a spider is fine by me. I have a strong fear of spiders right from when I was a baby and I hate them to this day. o-o

18. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spiders? Eh.. If anything, I'll either ignore them or admire their beautiful work (You can't doubt that spiderwebs are some of the most intriguing and complexingly interesting pieces of work that any creature, human or not, has ever created). I'm only nervous about black widows.

Grasshoppers, ladybugs, ants, moths, etc. are fine. They're not harmful at all. The only creepy moment I've ever had was boxelders in my shower, but it still wasn't entirely bad.

Now anything with a stinger? I wouldn't be caught dead 10 feet away from it, unless I was forced to be by it. I have been stung once, and I never want it to happen again. Call me nuts, but I'll tolerate needles. Stingers? Nope.

19. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I hate bugs.. People act shocked when I flip out because there's a spider in the rooms, because I don't really give off the "I'm afraid of little creatures" vibe, haha. But I loathe the things. Particularly bees/wasps and spiders. Eek! :O

---------- Post added 21st Oct 2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

Oh and millipedes, centipedes, etc. ugh.....

20. IllusiveRannoch

egh. i have bad experiences w/ roaches growing up. they were seemingly in any place that i lived in. once found one that burrowed itself into my birthday cake mix & was cooked into the cake. I used to be sooo scared of them because i'd sometimes feel them crawl over me in my bed. now they're not so big a fright.

spiders are pretty common where i live now since i live next to a ditch. but one animal i'd like to see in person would be a coconut crab. those things are huuuuge