1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I use Hair Relaxer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jasonaw2, Oct 21, 2012.

1. jasonaw2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello I am here to talk about my hair again X) Okay so lately I've been thinking about using Hair Relaxer to make my hair straight. I've always wanted a "White Boy Flow" but I have a strange mix of Curly hair and Wavy hair that is just crazy when trying to grow out. So I thought I could use Hair Relaxer and I could have the hair of my dreams. But I have seen and read horror stories of Hair Relaxers gone wrong :eek: So I decided to let my self think about more. And now I need a little help. Should I use Hair Relaxer? If so what is the best brand to use?

2. wiggy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I had my hair straightened with Kera Straight: Keratin Hair Treatment | KeraStraight Treatment | Hair Straightening & Repair | Kerastraight. It has worked really well, I am naturally curly and people at college think its naturally straight XD It was done in august, said to last 4 months before wearing off, and it still only takes a quick blow dry after a shower to get it straight, compared to the 40 minutes of drying and hair straighteners before! No problems with it, and it is chemical free so wont leave you with permanently damaged hair like the yuko chemical relaxer would (Most horror stories are for that treatment) :slight_smile: It is £150 though (About $200 I think???), so if you can afford it, go for it :grin:

3. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

Why don't you go do it at a salon? They will probably know how to do it properly and give you the best possible materials. It's better safe than sorry, you might end up damaging your hair if you do it yourself. Trust me it's worth the money.

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

You should get it done at a salon if you are going to do it. Some of the relaxers sold in stores aren't as good and may end up ruining your hair.

5. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Interesting. Never thought about this before. Hair straightening.

I mean, when I was a kid, I had curly hair. That's due to the natural oils produced to keep the humidity on the hair. I have a ... problem... un wich my body produces a lot of it, and one of the consecuences was the curly hair. But I solved it a looong time ago. I use a really short haircut, and anti grease shampoos (those who work against dandruff help with this). This way, my hair looks straight. Of course, if I let it grow, it starts to curl again, but reducting the grease on the hair helps that this happen only when I have it really long.