1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are you photogenic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sunnii

I'm not. My body gets all frozen and stiff and I do that thing where I just show my teeth and not really smile. Strange thing is the last social "event" I had my picture taken was in January. I need a new profile pic for my fb page my current is me in 2009 lol

2. toms7

i am not photogenic i look worse than reality but i really try to look and i make it but in reality i am better thats sure~!

3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I think so, from the right angles.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been told that I am, but I really don't like having my picture taken unless it's something that I doing myself.

5. Brenny

Getting my picture taken is pretty torturous. 90% of the photos I am in are weird looking with the few exceptions that look decent. On the other hand my sister was made for the camera... Arg. But I totally get what you mean. Most of my facebook photos are not my own but from my friends taking pics. Just be a dork like most everybody else on FB, take a camera and do a self-portrait!

#5 Brenny, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  6. Gen

Gen

I seem to be the exact opposite of how most people are. If you asked me to model something I could do it quite well. But if you ask me to take a random picture with family or friends, I panic lol.

I am actually more confortable taking pictures for ID cards than taking one with close friends. I guess you cant have everything :/

7. timo

I manage to look weird in every single photo there is. Or at least in 99% of them.

8. BudderMC

From certain angles I look okay in a picture, but in no way am I photogenic; getting my picture taken is much more effort than it's worth in the end.

I much prefer being behind the camera than in front of it. :wink:

9. rg93

Same here :icon_bigg

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I generally like the way I look in "action shots", but if you ask me to pose for a shot, I lose all previous photogenicness I had. I guess I just look better when I'm acting natural.

11. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Mmkay. So I don't take pictures well... I can't ever get my face right. Every time I want to take a new profile picture, I take like 200 of them and spend like an hour in front of a mirror trying to get it to my satisfaction. I am not photogenic AT ALL.:bang:

12. needshelp

NOPE. not at all.

13. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. jaysuss

I am definitely not photogenic. I look much better in person!

15. Colours

I love to be in pictures! In hopes of looking good on it, I guess. But I rarely do...

But it's just because you aren't used to seeing yourself like that. You're used to seeing yourself in the mirror. You can look fine on a picture to your friends but think you look weird yourself. Last night before going out, while looking in the mirror, I decided that if I'd be in a picture, I'd put on one of those fake half-smiles because I felt that looked better. I was in some pictures though and I just looked weird and even less genuine that I'd expected. So I told my friend I thought I looked weird and he was like no, it's a good picture and you look fine. I was thinking like, what, do I actually look like that?!

But after this one night of trying the fake half-smile, I think I'll go back to the genuine smiles when I'm in a picture lol. Suits me better.

16. Alexanderp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Caught off guard I can be.
    When I know that someone's taking a picture of me I look stoned as hell usually. And no, I dont do drugs.

17. Ticklish Fish

I don't make photons...

18. ultrabluecheese

I guess I can be photogenic; if someone was to take a hundred photos of me, then I'm sure that I'd have to like at least one. :lol:

I very much prefer candid photos because if I happen to look all kinds of derpy, it was just a matter of bad timing. :wink:

19. KaotikPrincess

I love the pics I take of myself, I think I have more pics of myself than anything else... it's when other people take pictures of me is what I don't like, idk if it's the angles or the fact that I am a photographer and very picky about my self portraits idk lol

20. Ridiculous