1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone not like nightclubs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sunnii, Oct 21, 2012.

1. sunnii

I'm not a big fan of them. I mean like "normal" ie non-gay clubs,(but you can comment on gay clubs too) I've never been to a gay club yet. I just don't like how loud they are, I don't have the voice to shout over the music and the cost of even getting in if the let you in. Does that make me boring? I do like going out for a drink but id rather go to a bar where you do the same stuff with the music a little quieter and free entry or even just at someone else's house.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I dislike clubs as well. Like you said, it's too loud and I hate shouting since I typically talk pretty quiet. A smaller and more intimate venue where you can actually sit down and talk is a lot more appealing to me.

3. toms7

i like to dance and music , i am afraid to go to a club at the momemnts but i think i will like it if i go!

4. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I don't like them much either. I think they are loud and crowded, and I feel awkward and out of place whenever I go. The only times I actually go is when I am dragged there by friends.

5. starfish

I too dislike clubs. They are just too damn loud. I prefer someone where I can have a conversation with someone.

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love going going out to clubs. If I had to choose, though, I'd choose a bar over a club.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't like them particularly either for the reasons already mentioned. It's hard to have a proper conversation with someone in a nightclub. I'm more the coffee shop type person! :slight_smile:

8. FJ Cruiser

Oh yeah, a place with bad music blasting so people don't have to talk to each other and liquor flowing so people have the courage to grind on random strangers sounds like an awesome time to me.

9. Silver Sparrow

I'm not old enough for clubs, but I just don't like the idea. I even hate dances, ugh... They're too loud, and there's too many people.

10. Lad123

Aww I love nightclubs (perhaps its more of a UK thing). I love dance music so what better place to go to, and dance the night away :slight_smile:

11. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I haven't been to one YET, don't think I will, at work its loud enough so I don't want to get tinnitus.

Its annoying though, since its what people do these days, people pressure you to go.

^ Love your avi btw! :grin:

12. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing about either (club or bar) has the slightest appeal to me. I don't like to drink, I don't like being around drunk people, I don't like obnoxious ear-splitting homo house music, and I don't like the meat market mentality that about 98% of those places have.

I'd much rather spend time with people I like, in a place I can actually converse with them, with all of us in possession of our mental capacity, maybe with yummy food being served, or maybe where we can make rude, sarcastic comments about the movie we're watching in somebody's living room. Or all of us hanging and talking in a hot tub, that's cool too. :slight_smile:

Some might call that boring, but i couldn't be happier doing that :slight_smile:

13. Ticklish Fish

I don't like seeing Clubs A to K at night. At daylight sure, they make my Heart happy.

14. Tbob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pretty much this. I much prefer going to the pub with a few mates, having a couple of drinks and talking about random crap!

15. aeva

I'm not much of a dancer, and I can't stand being around really drunk people. So yeah, clubs aren't exactly my scene. I'd much rather have some friends over, or go out to dinner.

16. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

Tried clubbing twice. First time, just generally unpleasant and wasn't with anyone I liked. Second time, bumped into four of the five people I never want to see again.

17. Luke Matt

I've never been, but I don't like the idea of one. I don't drink (rarely), I don't like being around drunk people (can't hold a decent conversation with them) & I don't like most of the music that's generally played at clubs. I'm also not interested in hookups/one-night stands (which is pretty much what clubs are all about). I'd rather go see a movie/hang out with friends :slight_smile:

18. Alexander69

Clubs are a joke. They are a reason for people to get drunk and hook up and act like a complete jack asses. I used to think it was a great Idea but I ACTUALLY grew up. It's for people who are still immature to meet other immature adults like them. I'm sorry I'm so against clubs now I hate them mostly because the people who I was friends with before loved them and had fake ID's to get in and if they are the people going to these places you won't find me there. (Watch jersey shore) I love jersey shore but you see the people who go to these places and that's not me. I would rather fine dine on a yacht or a boat cruise and have a few of my closest friends than go to a cheap skanky club.

19. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also not a fan of nightclubs. The music is more often than not much too loud and it's a nightmare to try and have a conversation with someone without having to shout right into their ear. They are also quite expensive and much too crowded to my liking.

I don't dance either, as I lack the confidence so see no use of going to a club. I prefer pubs/bars though the likelihood of finding LGBT people there are much less than in a nightclub. Gay/lesbian bars are an option though so there's always an alternative.

20. Alexander69

I'd rather not even goto a bar to find someone to be honest. I don't k ow how to find someone suitable and classy. I find that I can't even imagine going to a club, bar, pub or anything to find someone due to te fact I hate all of those places. I went to a bar at 16 and got drunk and I will never go to another one.