1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For gays and lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 22, 2012.

1. For people who are exclusively gay/lesbian, how do you feel when someone of the opposite sex hits on you?

I'm asking this because I see and hear a lot of straight people (especially men) get creeped out by being hit on by a gay person.

I've seen extreme reactions like, "I'd send that fag to the hospital" or "I'd punch him in the face" or "I'd kick him in the balls!" I've read horror stories from gays who told their straight crush how they felt.

Seriously, what ever happened to "no thank you"? :dry:

I'm Bisexual, so either way doesn't bother me. But how do gays feel when they get hit on by the opposite sex?

#1 wonderingdave01, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2012
  2. Ticklish Fish

Dude, manner have been kind of dead and replaced with physical aggression. That, or those physical aggression is a nonverbal form of supposedly, masculinity.

3. jaysuss

I know it is probably the worst reaction but I flirt back with them. It's like I give them false hope even though once they find out I am gay or it blossoms into nothing for them it will crush them. I really like getting hit on by anyone.

4. robclem21

I'm usually flattered. I like it, but then just tell them im not interested.

5. Caudex

Caudex Guest

It's never happened. :icon_sad: But I would welcome it and be happy.

6. Jared

I usually flirt back, what's the harm in flirting? And besides it's practice for me since I'm a lot more relaxed around girls than I am guys.

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm flattered, but it makes me uncomfortable when girls hit on me and are forward.

8. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I usually feel pretty awkward because I don't know how to deal with it. I don't want to lead them on, but I don't want to be rude either. For some reason, I have trouble finding that balance. I can be really stupid in certain social situations.

9. redstormrising

i guess it depends. if it's a guy i know and it's just playful flirting, i may flirt back. but if it's a stranger who is seriously hitting on me, it makes me very uncomfortable. come to think of it, that's always made me very uncomfortable, even when i thought i was straight

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I usually feel flattered and will turn them down graciously and as gently as I can. It still makes me feel really awkward, though, even though I know what I'm doing.

11. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

It makes me feel really awkward. I don't want to lead people on. I usually just make up some excuse since I'm not really out to a whole lot of people yet.

12. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It annoys me. There's been (some) guys that have hit on me and don't even listen when I tell them I'm gay. They take it as a challenge or something and think I haven't met the right man yet. There's a lack of respect from some of them.

If it's a nice guy that believes me and backs off, I'm okay with it. But overall it annoys me to no end. Partly because I don't know what to do and it makes me feel bad to let them down.

13. aeva

I agree, there are quite a lot of straight men that will hit on you even more once they find our you're gay. In that scenario, I am liable to get explosive.

I have one male friend that jokingly hits on my constantly, but he would never try anything and is as supportive as anyone could be. I generally just roll my eyes, or push him.

If a guy is respectful when I make it known that I'm not interested, I have no problem with it. I'll probably be happy to chat with him for a while, seeing as I get along with guys better than girls.

14. The Queen Bee

I don't know if I should answer this given that I'm 4 towards 5 in Kinsey...

I don't mind it. I get flattered... It's always nice to know that someone likes you... or even loves you (yep, I've heard that).
    Nonetheless it's a bit frustrating at times... 'cus I'd like to be hit on by girls. lol

But, I think it's always nice. :grin:

15. Cascade

Well I'm never really hit on by anyone, but it happened once and it was just sort of awkward because I'm bad in those situations. I just said I wasn't really interested.

16. CTJ

CTJ

Im usually completely clueless, unless a girl flat out says "you're hot, fancy a quicky" then im likely to be just talking to them as if its a normal conversation and just getting confused by their reactions.

17. Alexander69

I don't like it but ill play along. I find it awkward because I only view girls as my friends. I'm a good flirt though ill play along. But sometimes I'm a little.... Dirty and people get creeped out..... HAHA

18. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It's annoying, especially when they have a sense of entitlement. I'm pretty good at making it known that I'm not interested, though, if not through a look, then through words, and I don't feel bad about rejecting them at all. I usually feel more gross than anything after rejecting a straight guy, tbh. It really is just annoying, especially if it happens in the context of a gay bar or club. Straight men that come to gay bars/clubs to hit on straight women (or fag hags or whatever) annoy the hell out of me. They're actually like predators. It's really disgusting.

19. SkyDiver

Girls flirt with me all the time. Doesn't bother me one bit. I like it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's when it goes too far that I start to slowly back away.

20. Kat kanu

Im not very fast when I comes to people hitting on me so usually my friends are like dude hes hitting on you then I get uncomfortable and wait for then to ask me out thats when they get im sorry but im lesbian most the time they dont believe it