1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Least favorite derogatory gay slang term?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kikudog6, Oct 23, 2012.

?

Least favorite derogatory gay slang term?

1. That's so gay

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. No homo

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Dyke

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  4. Faggot/Fag

45 vote(s)
    66.2%
  5. Homosexual/Homo

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Queer

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. None of them really bother me

5 vote(s)
    7.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kikudog6

What is your least favorite derogatory gay slang term, saying, or just word in general and why?

Personally mine is no homo... I don't why but it really bothers me. Especially when people say it online, like for real, we really don't have to know if you're really not a "homo" :dry:

So yeah if something that you hear a lot, or just really hate isn't listed in the poll just comment what it is below.

2. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I didn't realize until I saw your post but all those traditionally derogatory terms don't bother me but I hate the word lesbian. I'm not sure why but the way it sounds bothers me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Faggot/fag is the most offensive to me. I don't care for the word Queer either, but I don't hear it very often anymore. "No homo" and "that's so gay" are just as stupid as the people that use them so I don't pay much attention to it.

4. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Oh I changed my mind. I hate the word fag. I don't get it directed at me so I didn't think about it. But my (gay) friend uses it all the time and it bothers me so much.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Queer/Dyke. It tells me that someone has gone out of the "gay/fag" realm enough to express their hatred even more.

I also despise "no homo" because it's used improperly very often, and mostly by closed-minded kids who shouldn't be on the internet when they are.

6. livinglifefree

I find faggot to be highly offensive. No homo also bothers me, but it doesn't really offend me. It is just a blatant display proving that people don't understand sexuality that well. My favorite is when people that know I am bisexual will compliment me and then say "No homo." I clearly think that everyone that gives me a compliment wants to have sex with me and I obviously want to have sex with anyone I give a compliment *heavy sarcasm*. People can be so ignorant. I think it just shows that they don't even understand their own sexuality that well.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you. That was in the back of my head, and I was trying to find the exact words for it. You have done so. Bravo.

8. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being called a fag is a pure shot to my anger button, I tell people you want to pertend that was a sneeze and walk away fine, otherwise it's go time!

9. MixedNutz

I didn't like "fag" until I went to UK. Over there a fag is a cigarette

Idk why I hate homosexual. Probably from the religious up bringing and it being associated with all things bad

10. The Queen Bee

Hmm...
    Personally I think it depends who say it and how they say it.
    I don't like when people say "the homosexuals"... I'm always thinking: "it's just gay".
    I guess "faggot" is offensive, then again I don't live in the US, so I haven't have to deal with that.

11. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the only really offensive word is fag. "That's so gay" is something I'd never say either, though I myself am not bothered by it.

12. Rarar

'That's so gay' and 'faggot'. Yuck. They are just disgusting terms for people.

13. caughtbywitness

I hate smoking, and the word is generally revolting

14. Ridiculous

Out of those, my worst is "dyke".

However my actual worst is "fudge packer".... eeerghhijhhaisdclkajsdlkjk

15. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    "Fag/faggot" is still used frequently as a derogatory term for homosexual here.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I voted for faggot. That one cuts deep. I actually like queer, and I identify that way.

17. Delta

While faggot is sort of like the n-word of the LGBT community, I hate "homosexual".

People only use it when they're trying to sound like they're not a bunch of intolerant assholes. Like they're using science when they spout their religious and bigoted nonsense. They use it to make their bullshit opinions seem like fact. And that is why I hate it.

18. Brenny

Faggot is my least favorite for sure. It is a pretty cutting word... Another one that annoys the heck out of me is how guys always give a hug or something and follow it up with "no homo." Like it is a hug. Not a makeout session. I feel like if I look at a straight guy for more than 2 seconds I should be reasurring them with a comforting "NO HOMO!"

19. aeva

Me too!! I avoid using it to refer to myself.

In regards to the other words though, it totally depends on how it's used. I voted for fag/faggot and dyke. If somebody within the community is saying it, it sort of still takes me by surprise (I guess because I'm not as used to hearing it in a positive context), but it doesn't offend me or anything. Obviously, if it's used as an insult then it definitely rubs me the wrong way. That's also the case for 'homo'. Used affectionately by a member of the community, I find it sort of fun. In the wrong hands, it can of course be offensive though.

I agree with a lot of the other posters that say 'homosexual' kinda bothers me more than anything. It sounds so...clinical? Technical? It makes me think of the 50s "education" films I watched in Human Sexuality class.

20. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I don't like homo. Because everyone is a homo! A homo sapiens! So it is like an instant alert to severe mental impediments.