1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liking your straight friend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew91, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think most of us experience this. I have a friend who is straight and i like him alot. I enjoy spending time with him, playing video games, watching movies, and talking. Sometimes we'll talk for 3 hours on Facebook Chat even when we know we'll see each other the next day anyway. Whenever I hear that little "blip" sound effect that accompanies the chat box, and then realize it's him, I'm always giddy with excitement! We love action/sci-fi movies and video games and sometimes surf the funny website 4chan for hours and talk about it and share funny memes.

Anyways, I really admire him and honestly don't know if I like him in an emotional/romantic way or just happy because we're really good bros and have alot in common, in other words just a simple man crush. He's a good friend and I wish him the best in all he does and support him.(*hug*) He doesn't know I'm bisexual, nor does anyone else, not even my best friend. I've asked a trusted female friend of mine at work if she'd think of me differently if she knew I liked both men and women, and she said it wouldn't change what she thought of me all.

Share your experiences of liking your straight friend that you knew couldn't like you in the same way.

#1 Andrew91, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. Ticklish Fish

should i feel bad that all my straight crushes do not result in "hanging out in RL outside of school and fscebook"? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

at least you get to spend time with him, hahaha.

3. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    true, I should consider myself lucky since we hang out alot lol.

4. pentatonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Based on experience, it's better to first tell him, straight up, that you're bisexual; putting it out in the open not only tests the strength of your friendship, but also opens avenues for the admittance for reciprocated feelings, if there are any. Telling one of my few guy friends for the first time was awkward, but it didn't affect our friendship at all; in fact, I think that it not only strengthened our friendship by him making me feel more comfortable not hiding my sexual orientation, but also helped me, as a person, come to terms with who I am. In either case, good luck. The nerves never gets easier, though; I just started at a new school this year, and I have finally decided to come out to my new guy friends as well. If you feel like you can tell everything to this guy, and that you're "bros", then this really shouldn't affect it. Good luck!

5. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for you help petantonic, I will think about the things you suggested to me. :thumbsup: