1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Makeup

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Haley M, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Ok do I just tried a sincere attempt at makeup and wow was it hard! I put on eyeliner, eye shadow, and lip gloss. I thought it would be easier than that but I was wrong. Does anyone have any tips for applying these makeups? The lip gloss was easy, the eyeliner and eye shadow was difficult. Oh, and any tips for covering up stubles?

2. SFSorrow

The best advice is practise. It took me quite a while to master eyeliner. Lipstick is what I find hardest to make look good and not like a clown.

There's loads of good videos on youtube for any kind of makeup you want to do, whenever I want advice,

If you do a google search for something like beard or stubble makeup men you can find a lot of useful info, a minutes searching found these two and there's lots of others.

What Kind of Makeup Will Cover Up a Man's Beard? | eHow.com

How to Cover Beard Growth With Makeup | eHow.com

3. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Excellent! I will check that out. Thank you!

4. build your foundation where you need more coverage, but put concealer on before your foundation in the places you need to conceal. if that makes sense.

stick with minimal makeup if youre not very good atm.
    i stick with minimal as im awful at eyeliner XD
    all i use is foundation, eyeshadow and mascara.

liquid eyeliner might be easier than pencil, also gel eyeliner you apply with a brush. try them out and see how you get on! also, like someone said practice! :slight_smile:

also when you have mastered what you want to master, contouring can be used to your advantage if you want to look slimmer or look like you have high cheekbones e.t.c
    well you can do lots of things with contouring! :slight_smile:

#4 flyinhernikes, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2012
  5. SFSorrow

No problem, glad to help :icon_bigg

---------- Post added 24th Oct 2012 at 11:49 PM ----------

Personally I initially found liquid eyeliner harder to use than a pencil as it's easier to slip and have the brush smear everywhere, whereas pencils are stiff and the tip isn't flexible, but it's all individual.

6. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I think I'll buy a few different kinds to try them out. Which ones are easier to take off? I noticed today that it was very difficult to strip off everything especially the eyeliner. It was like a grease pencil type. I'll have to look at what brand later if anyone wants to know about it. I really want to try for the look in my profile pic. :slight_smile:

7. SFSorrow

Liquid eyeliner is harder to get off once it's dried. I quite often go out with only a bit of eyeliner pencil on under my eye and I can get rid of it by smudging it with my finger if I want.

Here's a guide on how to do a whole load of different looks from a book on make up that's been scanned in:

ana_lee: Kevyn Aucoin - Making Faces

I am seriously floored (and jealous) that this is a guy :eek: (sorry the image is so large, I don't know how to resize it):

[​IMG]

#7 SFSorrow, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Eyeshadow can be easy if you're using just one or two colours but If you're attempting a smoky eye or the illusion of lower sitting lids- it can be difficult. Invest in Q-Tips, and lots of them. First its going to take a little while of, literally, feeling your face. More specifically, your bone structure in and around your brows and eyes. If you can feel where the bone stops ane the eye begins under your skin, ***sparingly*** apply a darker colour in those areas but generally, this isn't that hard to do. I love eyeliner- but there's a reason that we see so many different types. (ex felt tip liquid, bottle-and-brush liquid, pencil, jumbo pencil, mechanical, etc...) And different kinds are better for different things. Mechanicals amd pencils are typically best for blended, smoky looks and waterline coverage. Liquid liners are better for more precise, detailed looks- for example, a 'cat eye.' As for stubble coverage, I've heard wonderful things about whipped, lightly fluffy textured foundations. It really is a matter of experimentation and practice and of course message me if you want to talk makeup more, haha. As always, best of luck.(*hug*)