1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Election: Who did or would you have voted for? (USA)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wired106, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Wired106

So, I know that not everyone on this site lives in the united states, but I was wondering what you guys thought about the election? If you voted, who did you vote for and if you didn't vote, who would you have voted for and why? And one more question I was wonder :slight_smile: Who do you think has the best chance at winning the presidential election?

2. lostinthought9

when the democratic race first started, i thought hillary was gonna win by a landslide, but now im not too sure with obama....they're like neck to neck, and since i probably wont vote in the primaries, cuz im probably gonna register as liberal or w/e...i am really pushing for my parents to vote in the primaries for hillary...so yea...GO HILLARY!!! WOOT! lol

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    McCain definately is getting the nomination for the Republican party and for the Democrats, I would say Hillary even though Obama isn't too far behind. But I support Hillary.

4. Nodnarb

I agree with gharrelson that McCain will win the Republican nomination. But with the Democrats I think it is still to early to call. Should end up VERY close though.

I'm pulling for Obama, btw.

5. charlie12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hillary Clinton all the way!

6. Alexander

boooooooo hillary! but you're cute so I forgive you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehe

If I could vote, it would probably be for McCain, just because he's not liberal or conservative, just sorta hovering in the middle.

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Supposedly McCain being president is not good for the company my dad works for...

I don't follow politics much so I'm fine with anyone but him =x

Well, not anyone, but like, hillary or obama, Idc.

8. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    me too. i am not fond of either party, and at least he is somewhat moderate.

9. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Coming from DC, I am mildly obsessed with politics. No one at school did their homework last night because we were all watching the Super Tuesday results, which didn't really result in anything definite, which means that the Virginia/DC/Maryland primaries mean something! While I would LOVE to see Clinton in the white house, I think Obama has a better chance at winning, so I'm going to vote for him in hopes of an Obama/Clinton superticket later on (which probably won't happen, but still, a liberal can dream). I also think that Obama has the charisma and personality to restore America's position in the world as a respected leader, instead of the rogue superpower status it has achieved over the last 8 years. But either way the Democrats go, if we put Hillary or Obama in the white house, we'll at least show the world that we're not just horrible people and we can elect minorities.

10. ok455

im pushing for Hillary Clinton

11. jroakwood

im hoping for a clinton victory all the way. :]
    shes got what it takes to be a leader for our country and turn it around.

HILLARY '08

12. Levi

Levi Guest

I'm hoping for Obama, but I've predicted all along that Mccain's gonna win the whole thing. Doesn't really matter though. It's the men in gray suits with the boring stories who makes the decicions anyways. The role of the president is to distract people from where the power really is..

13. Temujin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Conspiracy theories, anyone?

I'm with Obama all the way. I would not vote for a Republican if they cross dressed, had a lisp, and touted "Gay Pride" as their campaign slogan. I'm not going to be party to any group that includes fanatical, evangelical freaks. As for Clinton, pffft, she represents the establishment. She is manipulative, calculating, and devious. On top of that, she wants to introduce legislation that will outlaw violent/sexually explicit video games for everyone not just minors. I don't trust anyone that assumes everyone needs to be coddled like a child not to say anything about the transgressions such legislation would inflict on the 1st amendment.

Obama '08!

14. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Wow, that kind of sucks. But Clinton also wants to introduce legislation to revamp the foster care system as well as help those who have aged out of the system. So for me, the possibility of no violent/sexually explicit video game weighed against the possibility of children without parents getting a second chance produces an obvious choice in a race between Clinton and McCain, or even Clinton and Obama. Although I'm going to vote for Obama, I would rather see Clinton in the White House, for reasons I've stated above.

15. Astaroth

Well, my candidate of choice isn't an option anymore (Kucinich), so I'm sort of apathetic now about the campaigning. Kucinich was the -only- candidate that fully supported same-sex marriage, equal rights, anti-discrimination, and had a universal health-care plan all in one. Of course, all good things never last....

So now, I'm torn between Clinton and Obama. Hillary has expressed her support of the gay community. Obama seems to make it more of a non-issue (by not really talking about it). However, I think that Obama brings a fresher approach to the White House. The one downfall of Hillary Clinton is that she's -a Clinton-. Before you think that I'm insulting their family name, that's not what I mean at all! What I'm trying to get across here is that lately we haven't really had a full democracy in the U.S. We have dynasties now! It's like 200 A.D. China here! I don't think it's a great idea to keep bringing the same family to the White House repeatedly (Clintons, Bushes, Kennedy's, etc.). It feels stagnant that way. Didn't we leave Mother England because of this? (yeah, I know, religious persecution too...) The president is slowly becoming the monarch.

16. Buffy44

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wish i could vote!!!
    If i could i'd vote Hillary all the way!!!

17. Hollywood

"It took a Clinton to clean up after the last Bush and it's going to take another one to clean up after this one!" -Hillary

Hillary '08! :slight_smile:

18. jman77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i can vote in november!!!!! im voting for Mccain. i just really dont want hillary to win

19. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great quote! :lol:

20. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm supporting Obama however I think Hillary would do a fine job too. No Republicans PLEASE!!!