1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friends who are straight...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mattloveshugs92, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mattloveshugs92

my friends have been nothing but supportive of me but its funny, many straight men would want hugs from me, and me being me i hug any one that wants or needs one, they know i am gay, but never hugged each other. any one have insight into this? has this happened to any one?
    to any one who thinks theirn friends will not support them find some who do, get people in your life who love you as you are and see you as you. peace and happiness with you all :slight_smile:)))) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin: XD

2. I would blame it on location, but I live fairly close by in MA and have never seen this, so I don't think that's it. It could just be that your friends see you as a "safe" option. Even straight guys need the comfort a hug can offer sometimes. Asking a girl could come across as flirting or downright creepy, and many straight guys aren't comfortable hugging their male friends (not that all gay men like hugging either). They probably figure they can ask you, because you're comfortable giving them hugs, but you know that since they're straight, they don't expect more than that.

Alternatively, your friends may not be as straight as they claim, but I'd say the first scenario is more likely.

3. mattloveshugs92

thanks for the insight that seems about right, i hug every one it just gives joy to them and me, every one need love aporval attention acceptance affection affirmation and so on.

4. Olivier

Maybe they kind of see u as more huggable now because ur more open, they r bing supportive and not acting weird around u:slight_smile: ur lucky!!

5. mattloveshugs92

i love it when people can be them selves who ever what ever they are and i am blessed with many friends thank you so much. btw i am very huggable

6. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought your post was interesting - when I came out to my two best straight male friends (two separate occasions), while they're not usually the hugging type (with guys anyway) they both asked if it was cool to give me a hug.

7. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    mine never asked lol they have always just been like "hey your getting a hug dammit" more people have done it since i came out, but my friends have been like his since i met them. tbh i hated it when people touched me in any way until i met the friends i have now.

8. mattloveshugs92

that is interesting maybe they feel safer with us because of boundries.

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2012 at 10:37 AM ----------

that is one of the cutest things i have ever heard.