1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual hatred?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miz Purple, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello everyone , I'm new , I come out as bi a few years ago , I don't think I realized that people within the gay community had such strong issues with bisexuals, iv had so many tell me I'm going through a phase or that I want attention and that I need to pick a side and do it soon. I just find it so sad that within the community other gays and lesbians can be so hurtful to bi,s. I mean we all get enough hatred from the straight world why be hateful to each other ? I don't understand why people can't wrap their heads around it, it doesn't mean I'm gonna be with both at the same time ,to say I shouldn't be bi, well to then we might as well say your only allowed to like one type of food or one type of color or one favorite band, I mean everyone likes all types of foods and colors and music , but it seems like when you are attracted to the both sexes people think you are crazy.I mean I do understand how some people have used it becaus they don't want to face their real sexuality , but not all of us are like that and I think should be treated with respect . It's funny straight people cant understand how gay people can be attracted to the same sex and gay people can't understand ow bi,s how be attracted to both. I just really hate bing treated like this within my own community . So I was just wanting to get other peoples view points on bisexuals and maybe try to understand why we are treated this way.

P.s I totally love this place.:slight_smile:

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Fortunately most if not all people on EC aren't biphobic.
    But yea, idiots exist in any group, including LGBT.

4. Jonathan

Their are bigots in every social group...though I agree that those in the LGBT community should be able to know better than to judge someone on their sexual orientation.

Personally, I don't see why someone would be angered by a bisexual person. They like both genders, so what? lol
    Honestly though, if someone (even in the LGBT community) tries to judge you for being bisexual, do your best to ignore them. Don't give them the satisfaction of letting their misguided bigotry influence your life.

5. HatterMad

You no what the funny thing to me is?

That even tho I'm not into girls, pan- and bisexuality makes more sense to me that homosexuality does.

I wunder a lot about if my soul mate wasn't male...would I still be attracted? I know I'd still love him, regardless, but.... I dunno....I would think I'd still be attracted, regardless...

In the end, none of it matters anyways, it's jsut labels. Love who you love and live how live.

6. Brenny

I'm gonna be honest and say I used to think all the things about bisexuals that a typical moron would think. I thought how would a bisexual last in a relationship? Shouldn't they like one sex more, or less, or evenly? All these ideas were in my head. Gays should be more understanding than straight people of course but a lot of the issue is we come from a straight society where you HAVE to like one sex. I personally have spent years thinking about my own sexuality so in a way, my ideas about it all were very self-centered and one-sided.

The first girl I met that was bisexual got a boyfriend three weeks later and I was just like... okay she clearly lied. I think what helped me is that my friend is actually bisexual and in our day to day conversations, it is very obvious. It isn't that "she can't decide" or anything stupid like that. She just likes both sexes and in choosing to have a boyfriend, she has NO reservations about it. She wouldn't mind a girlfriend but she is happy with what she has. Besides her, coming on EC cleared any notions I had. I've learned a lot on here and I'm sure that is the same for everyone here.

7. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Uffffff, time for some little rant :grin:

It's a (sad) fact of the life, that humanity itself is imbecile, moronic to say the least. The large majority of people doesn't understand and don't want to understand people who are different.

People always strive to be accepted by others, while at the same time don't accept others that want the same.

I'll use an analogy. Here in Mexico, people always complain about mexicans that get killed when crossing illegaly to the US. Each time one get killed, it's a big fuss on all news channels. And they fight to be treated "like humans" and not like "animals". BUT, nobody complains about what mexicans do to people who come from Guatemala. There's been a lot of cases in wich mexican autorities kill immigrants from Guatemala, but nobody says a thing. We do exactly the same thing to others that we complain is being done to us. Because, sadly, that's one of the truths of this world.

People are idiots. Sadly, those like us (the large majority of people on this site) who can understand and accept people different than us, are the exception. We shuold be the rule, but we aren't.

At the end of the day, that's why homosexual discriminates against bisexual (those who do, of course), because bisexual is different than homosexual.

End of the rant:icon_bigg

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known more than my share (sadly) of gays who have issues with bisexuals. And those issues take a bunch of forms. Some don't believe them at all, considering them "gays too scared to commit fully". Some won't date bisexuals, because "they'll always choose 'normalcy' over a gay relationship". Some actively dislike them, because (as one put it) "It's like they get everything at the buffet, and then they come over at my small plate of food and say 'hey, that looks good, too' and steal it off my plate".

It's a lot easier to hate than to understand.

Lex

9. Lewis

Ignore them. We don't all think that way!

10. Brenny

I think I can understand the insecurity of that statement. But really, bisexuals add to the potential gay dating pool rather than take away.

11. toms7

i think its obvious bisexual people are the most times people that do want to have fun spend their time at having sex, and not something strong and sure there are gay people that are this way too but bi people have the choice and are more lets say guys of the air! they say a lot but want only sex , only sometimes guys that are bi n gay i would say 20 % gay 15 % bi want serious relationships but there is an other 30 % that think they want relationship also they just dont know what they want! i hope you understood !i dont think bi people must be hated but i think all people from the whole world must understand whats this, that fills each person !I call myself a bi guy and believe me not every person accepts that, as i like boys more than girls i would choose going only with boys but i need to find the prince first or maybe who knows he is may here already but i cant see it fully! i hope everyone solve his problems !

12. Nemo39122

Now you know why I plan to live the rest of my life almost entirely closeted.

Yes I know that's a bit dramatic, but it's the truth. I don't understand why as a bisexual person I have to hope to be accepted by a group (the lgbt community) that's still not completely accepted by society. It's really a nice bottom-of-the-food-chain feeling...

I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind why people believe those things. Obviously they don't understand it, but there are a lot of things people don't understand and yet they don't automatically resort to just saying those things don't exist. Part of the problem is people try to overcomplicate it...they try to figure out all theses little special rules it takes for a bisexual person to be in a monogamous relationship and not cheat on their partner. It's ridiculous. It's not like being bisexual is some horrible curse or disease you have to learn how to live with. So the person I date may be male, and the person I date may be female. That's all there is to it. I wish people understood that...

13. Neutrality

I never understood this, people who hate bisexuals or won't date them must be really insecure in their relationship or maybe have trust issues. I'll let all the single cute nice Bi guys here on the site know that I'd be more then happy to be their lovey cuddley boyfriend ^^ Hehe, heck I'm pretty sure I'm atleast a little bi...I don't mind looking at girls I just really don't like the idea of touching them..and have no romantic feelings about them....so it's easier to say gay =P

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hatred and distrust of bisexual folks is alarmingly common in the queer community. Don't let it get to you. You have your defenders.

So far, I am impressed. The comments here are positive so far, but I will be watching this thread until it goes stale. I will pounce on the first bigoted comment. There won't be flaming, and I'll be civil at all times, but if you have something poorly thought out and offensive to say, I will make you uncomfortable about your comments until you see your error. You've been warned.

#14 Pret Allez, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  15. toms7

yes understood but this is you not everyone is like that am i wrong?

16. jsmurf

I think the root of the issue is that alot of gay men, like many straight women, fear Bi men because both think such a mate/partner would "abandon" them for someone else of a different gender....

Obviously it's a bunch of BS because straight guys dont abandon their gf's/fiances for other women any more often/frequently.

Sad how f*cked up people's mindsets are. :confused:

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yep, and I'm just waiting for somebody to come in here and say it... Just waitin'.

18. jsmurf

The issue for women also is fear of contracting STD's due to the stigma of bi guys being highly promiscuous. And then having to POTENTIALLY compete with someone of the more masculine/'dominant' gender once they're in such a relationship.

And maybe some of those biphobic gay guys also have a fear of "vagina cooties" (LOL), so they think that if your dick has been inside a vagina even once then it's 'like ewwww, thoo groeth."

19. toms7

what do you mean ? what that you want to see?

20. Bree

I just don't understand why people care so much about who we're attracted to. Some people are attracted only to guys, some people, only to girls, some people to both sexes+, some people not to anyone, some people to inanimate objects, etc. Honestly, if you're not hurting anyone and the sex isn't happening in public, why does it matter? Love is love.