1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What have you kept of your ex boyfriend's/ex girlfriends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BrokenGuy, Oct 25, 2012.

1. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

What items or belongings have you kept of your ex boyfriend's or ex girlfriend's?

For me personally, I have kept my ex boyfriend's board shorts. Wearing them makes me think of him, and makes me happy.

But whether you have kept things of your ex boyfriend or ex girlfriend, for the purpose of remembering them, or because you are finding it difficult to let go of them; just like I am finding it difficult to let go, or because you just wanted certain things to keep because they look good on you, or because you wanted to get back at you ex for something. LOL

So, yeah....I am just really interested in what anyone has kept of their ex boyfriend's or ex girlfriend's, for the reasons that I stated above, or for some other reason that I haven't thought of or mentioned. :slight_smile:

#1 BrokenGuy, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  2. LightningRider

I kept a couple of his Xbox games, a Muse DVD and one of his guitar picks cause it has a really nice grip on it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

He definitely kept some stuff of mine too I've noticed, stuff I have asked for back and haven't received
    -___-
    At least one bra, a guitar strap and a pair of boxers

**OH! And I kept that stuff cause he never ever liked any of it and the pick I found in my bass case :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. i still to this day owe my exs dad money which i had saved up to give to him when i saw him, but i never did see him because that was the time we broke up lol. i spoke to my ex about it but he refused to let me give the money to him and wouldnt give me an address i could send the money to lol so ya :| i still feel like i owe money. i hate hate hate hate hate it.

but i binned everything that belonged to my ex, i asked if they wanted it back they said no so i binned it. but another ex (we werent serious tho... but still) still has a coat and she lives in my town, but hasnt given it back after saying she would but yet i gave back her hoodie -_-

meh.
    i dont own anything of anyones. i feel it holds me back from moving on no matter how much it might of hurt at the time throwing it away i felt it was the right thing to do.

4. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Haha Love it! :slight_smile: I found out my ex boyfriend threw away a lot of clothes and other items that I bought him, that added up to a lot of money. The money means absolutely NOTHING to me, but I wanted him to keep everything that was beneficial to him and for him, that I bought, regardless if we broke up, because I still wanted him to be happy with all of those things! Anyway, there isn't anything I can do about that though, yet I still think about those things that he would have thrown out, and it kind of makes me really upset and annoyed. :icon_sad:

---------- Post added 25th Oct 2012 at 11:22 PM ----------

I found out my ex boyfriend threw away a lot of clothes and other items that I bought him, that added up to a lot of money. The money means absolutely NOTHING to me, but I wanted him to keep everything that was beneficial to him and for him, that I bought, regardless if we broke up, because I still wanted him to be happy with all of those things! Anyway, there isn't anything I can do about that though, yet I still think about those things that he would have thrown out, and it kind of makes me really upset and annoyed.
    :icon_sad:

You are like me in that regard, because I too hate, hate, hate...owing anyone money! I always makes sure I somehow pay that person back what I owe them.
    Well, at least you made every attempt to try and repay the money back, and it's not your fault that he didn't want you to pay the money back, by not providing an address for you to send it to him; even though you asked him for an address, and had every intent of paying what was owing to him. You did the right thing by being willing to pay the money back. :slight_smile: That's what counts.

I know that throwing away certain things from ex's, is a really important and good step for people, in beginning the process of letting go and moving on.

5. robclem21

I have a pair of pajamas :slight_smile: I kept them because they are comfy though, not for the constant reminder. Although recently they do kind of make me miss him. But I get past that pretty quick and go back to enjoying the pj's. It was not a healthy relationship.

6. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

:slight_smile: Well, comfy pyjamas are certainly worth keeping. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I know how you feel about the feeling of missing your ex. Good on you for getting out of an unhealthy relationship! That takes a lot of strength to first of all recognize that you are in an unhealthy relationship, and to end the relationship that is going to cause more harm and pain, than good!

I am sorry that relationship didn't work out for you. :icon_sad:

7. robclem21

It happens to everyone. Not every relationship is going to be the "perfect one". That is what dating is all about. We were just very different in our values and so we butted heads a lot. It happens. Moved on now so it is all good.

Only thing I miss is the contact and companionship. Everything else I could do without at the moment. Haha

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The most recent one? I still have stuff i was given. One of her paintings is up on my wall. I realised i had accidently stolen one of her belts but when i tried to give it back she said i should keep it. I actually quite like it, it's nice and shiny.

I wouldn't keep anything out of spite or anything like that, but it wouldn't come to that anyway since we are still friends. There was a time i was a little bitter but am glad to say we rebuilt the friendship to all of its previous strength.

#8 Pseudojim, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  9. HatterMad

I wish I had something of his. We were still seeing each other when he got taken away. I had sum shirts and a blanket, but those didn't make the move with me.

10. Mogget

Mine was an artist and I have some of his work, somewhere. Hopefully I won't find it, I don't like being reminded of him.

11. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I still keep the fox plushie my ex-girlfriend got me for my birthday. I've been feeling very displaced lately with all the moving back and forth (we just moved to a different province, stayed in a dingy apartment for a few months while the house was being built, and I also stay at my university's dorms — I've had like 4 different homes in the past year). But I've traveled back and forth with Kitsune (the fox plushie) throughout the whole thing, and it helps me feel better and more at home.

It also helps that I'm on good terms with my ex, and she's seen pictures of Kitsune in various different locations throughout the whole moving fiasco. I don't go anywhere without my fox anymore.

12. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

That is so true! Even though majority of us have experienced and been through at least one unhealthy relationship; it's still really sad that some relationships don't last for different reasons. I think if I have had the opportunity to properly and officially date my ex boyfriend in the traditional and normal way; the outcome of our relationship may have turned out very differently, or perhaps may have not even began. Ultimately, I do think that it came down to the fact for both myself and for my ex boyfriend, that we just had completely different values also, and that we had come from completely different backgrounds, which created issues between us, that were largely and predominantly instigated and fueled by me! I should have been far less critical of him, and not have put such high and demanding expectations on him to conform to my standards!

I too, miss the contact and companionship of my ex boyfriend, but a relationship should be based on a far deeper commitment and connection than that; otherwise it's just superficial. In the long run then, I guess it's better and healthy, for me to finally move on and let go of him. It's just so difficult for me to do so at present. :tears:

I am glad that you have found the inner peace and courage, to have moved on, and that things are good and better for you. :icon_bigg

13. MixedNutz

Expensive cologne he bought me for our 1 year anniversary

I still wear it too

14. everett

His dildo. More then justified.

15. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a mug that's hers, but she's not gonna get it back because it's grown to be mine haha. And a necklace she got me with something personal on it. I can't throw that away. However, I don't wear it.. that'd be disrespectful to my boyfriend lol.

She does have a lot of my stuff, though! A sweater, a pair of soccer shorts, my old phone, a couple of my dvds, and I'm pretty sure I'm missing some boxer briefs as well -- she was always fascinated by how comfy guys' boxers were, guess she stole them!
    I should really some day get all of that back :/

16. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

That's good that you and your ex girlfriend still remain friends. :slight_smile: After some bitterness that I expressed to my ex boyfriend, I tried hard to maintain a friendship with him, and to apologize for text messages that I had wrote that were quite nasty, because at the time I was very hurt, frustrated, and angry with him. But, the situation with us now, is even more frustrating, confusing, and upsetting; because although we've been broken up for over a month now, and although having sorted out everything between us, and agreeing to maintain our friendship despite what's happened between us; he has now became nasty.
    It's nice that she allowed you to keep her belt too, and if it's nice and shiny; than that's a bonus. :eusa_danc

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 02:16 PM ----------

You say he got taken away. What happened? :icon_sad: I am sorry that you weren't able to take the shirts and the blanket that you had, with you, when you moved.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 02:20 PM ----------

That's fair enough. I guess being reminded of him, probably would hurt, upset, or make angry feelings come up for you. So, if you did find some of his artwork that you kept of his, do you think you would still keep it, or would you finally throw it out?

17. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

That sounds exactly like how my life has been so far this year, in terms of all the moving. I've moved back and forth from different states, several times this year, and it's been pretty exhausting! :sleep: So I can completely understand and relate to you, on the feeling of being displaced. That's so cute that you have your fox plushie to take with you wherever you go, and that it helps you to feel better and more at home. :slight_smile: Now that I am officially back home in the state where I grew up, I have my dog with me, and he makes me feel better and more at home. :slight_smile:

That's excellent that you are on good terms with your ex, because that would certainly help things a lot for you too. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

Nice! :grin:

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

LOL This made me sarcastically laugh, because my ex boyfriend had actually kept one of his ex boyfriend's dildo's that he bought him, and still kept even after they broke up, and it was actually a double ended dildo.

What isn't so funny however, is the fact that my ex boyfriend had kept one of his ex boyfriend's dildo's and basically threw out everything that I had bought him! :icon_sad:
    His ex boyfriend treated him absolutely horribly, and I just couldn't really understand why he had kept certain things of his ex boyfriend! :dry: :tantrum:

18. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Haha That's exactly right....that mug is so totally yours now! :slight_smile: Yeah, I guess that would be disrespectful to your boyfriend if you wore the necklace, but I am sure he totally understands and respects, why you still have the necklace and keep it. :slight_smile:

Wow! She does have quite a few things of yours, that are still in her possession.
    I can totally understand why she found guys boxer briefs, and guys boxers, really comfortable. After all, us guys have a lot more to carry around in that department, than what girls do! :icon_wink I think you should definitely get those things back, especially considering that she took some things that you weren't aware of straight away were missing, and considering the fact too, that you didn't give her permission for her to keep those belongings of yours.

19. lilly24

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    only memories which sometimes are very painful,

20. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

Oh, they certainly can be very painful...of course! :frowning2: But, do you mean that the memories are painful for you, because they remind you of what was, or do the memories you hold onto, create pain for you, because they were bad memories?