1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Feeling Empty] Errgghh [Lots of Pain]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by InaRut, Feb 6, 2008.

1. InaRut

Well. I've lost something dear to me. It hurts alot. It feels like someone jabbed a knife into my side and ripped out a buldging, pulsating organ. And now all that's left is a scar. A scar to remind me of the pain suffered over the past few days.

I can't get off the couch, I can barely eat, and walking, I just don't feel like walking anymore.

You see it all started at 1:00 PM monday. When my dearest...Oh dearest.... Appendix started to cause me a whirlwind of pain. Well more like a constipated cramp feeling in my midsection. I thought I just needed to get home and activate toliet function #2. So I worked the last 3 hours of my shift and got my self home. However, toliet function gave me a 404 and I thought myself to be constipated.

Well if that was the truth, I'd be lucky! The pain started in my midsection but burned its self to my right side. A classic sign of Appendicitis. But being the only one in my family to ever have this illness we weren't quick to diagnose it.

Mom mentioned it, but I was like, "What? No way!" And I powered kicked the suggestion out the window while it screamed, "Curse you, WALRUS!! CURSEEE YOUUUU!"

We looked it up on Wiki ne ways and I was like, "I have none of thos symptoms."

Then I puked...Twice...My last meal 12:00 Monday..Mich's Spag Dinner with Apple Juice sent to the bottom of my trash bin like many alcoholic liquids consumed over many different and fun nights.

So I went downstairs, told mom the situation and with a quick call to health Canada I was on my way to Lameungay Town's Lameungay General Hospital. Which also goes under the name of NOACTUALDOCTOR GENERAL HOSPITAL. As I sat through registration it was to my pain to find out that after 2 hours of waiting there was no Surgeon to operate on me. So while knocked up on Gravol and Morphine I was sent away (by my father's van) 1 hour away to the Kingston, Ontario. Where I slept in emergancy next to a child with a horrible wail connected to a lung disease and a grandma who complained more then a bratty child in a toy store.

Well only one night at that and later in the afternoon I was sent away to surgery. And lemme tell you something, a good 90% of the male nurse/doctors were cute. So here am I being touched, poked, and proded by Soap Opera looking medical staff. Manly stubble, tanned skin, dark eyes...GOD.>_> Sadly though the cutest of the male surgeons could not make it to the "Cut-me-up" show staring inarut and was replaced by an older man who kinda creeped the living appendix out of me.

So surgery went like this. Lights, mask, breathe in, wake up with painful scar.

However all was not bad as a new and cute male nurse...uh...nursed me for my last day in the hospital. He was a student....American...nice guy.

Anyways I'm at home now. My scar has limited my desire to eat and also walking or getting up is kinda difficult right now. I'll have pics of the scar once it heals a bit more.

And that is what is new for the Walrus.
    NO MORE APPENDIX

2. Nicknikko

ouchhh.. does it hurt a lot? I'm glad your feeling better now and that nothing bad happened to you.

<33
    Nico

3. Brett

God, that sounds like what happened when I got my tonsils removed. Except instead of puking I had strepp for a couple months, and there were no vute guys nurses........but that's gotta suk. I hope u get to feeling better. EC just isn't quite as random without u....

4. Alexander

I absolutely love your writing style. and we're glad you're all right :slight_smile:

5. TriBi

Ouch.

Naughty appendix, nasty appendix.

Take it easy - get well soon.(*hug*)

6. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh dear...hope you feel better.

7. pirateninja

I'd been wondering where the Walrus got to!

Still, glad to hear you're ok-ish now, and at least you'll never have to go through it again. Get well soon, I've been missing your oh-so-crazy-but-funny posts.

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Phil, only you can make an appendicitis attack hysterically funny! Glad you are doing okay and survived and actually got a little bit of enjoyment (cute nurses) from this adventure in life. (*hug*)

9. InaRut

:-/
    Yea everything is alright.
    I ate some salad last night but eating is really tough for me.

So is wallking. And mom expects me to take a shower today O_O.

Good news: The main Bandage is off...so now I've got a realy gross looking scar to stare at when my shirt is off. Haha.

For some reason it reminds me of the Berlin Wall..

10. Grof142007

lol berlin wall im glad ur ok i would be scared if i went through that

11. InaRut

Lots of needles too...
    IV
    Morphine (in a different arm to my IV. and in a Different place everytime)
    Gravol injections.

Ugh!
    Anyways cute story. Before I went to the hospital (So when I was at home still lol) I laid down on the couch and my dog jumped up to cuddle me. And he would not move at all. Wierd how dogs sense these kinds of things eh?

12. Ty

Ty Guest

Aww :frowning2: *pets hair*

Get better soon so we can start causing mayhem in these forums again :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Wow, that is very cool! Just be glad he's not the nursing home cat we talked about here a couple months ago. :icon_bigg

14. Sam

Sam

lol. I couldn't make something like an apendicitis funny like you have! I'm glad you are ok.

15. sdc91

Owie. My older bro had to get his appendex out, too. Was it the minimally invasive procedure or traditional?

Hope you feel better soon.

BTW, I missed your posts. I wondered where you went.

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That's exactly what I was thinking too!

You think being unwell will stop him..... :grin:

Markie had his appendix removed a few years too. He was operated on within an hour of being admitted because they thought it was likely to burst. Because of this they had to make quite a large incision so it took some time to heal. He was off work for about 3 weeks afterwards.

17. Alexander

ouch. I was just going to eat lunch too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah Inarut we need you to bring back the craziness!! You got my PM (about the non-closets thing lol), so we need to start causing mayhem!!

19. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

*starts worrying about the mayhem he may have to 'moderate'...*

20. pirateninja

I don't blame you :grin: There's every reason to worry