1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know you were gay?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Closet88, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's the 21st century and science has evolved remarkably so that lots of life's old mysteries have been solved. However one thing science doesn't know is how we develop feelings for people of the same sex, whether we are born this way or become this way at an early age. Personally, I have always known that I liked guys. I didn't really understand at an earlier age but since I was a teenager and developed sexual feelings I knew I was gay, although this still doesn't mean I have the courage to tell other people.

I'm just curious to see if others are the same as myself or whether some were straight for a while then realised they were gay at a later age?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was attracted to other boys in elementary school. Ever since I started masturbating and fantasizing(around age 7/8) it always involved other boys from school or guys on TV or in magazines. :grin: Girls just never did anything for me at any point in my life that I can recall. So, I've basically known all my life that I was gay.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think we had a thread like this before, but maybe it went stale. I knew I had same-sex attraction around 13-14 years of age.

4. needshelp

i realized it when i was 12. just wasn't completely sure or in better terms, i didn't want to believe that i was. pushed it to the back as hard as i could until i was 24/25. it really started to bother me and at that point, i was almost 100% sure that i was as hard as it was to accept it. i knew that there was no way that i could be straight or even pass as bisexual no matter how much i wanted to with the way that i felt.

5. Jared

I started thinking I might be gay around 12-13 and then went full steam ahead into denial until I was almost 18. I basically ignored my sexuality for nearly 5 years.

6. SheWhoHasNoName

It's been about a year since I realized I liked a girl and accepted it. But, I have always liked girls.

7. King

King Guest

I (yet again) must be in a minority, as I've always known... I've never not known, and the idea of not knowing you were gay is foreign to me.

I still pursued "relationships" with girls, but that was when I was like, twelve so it doesn't count, really. But I never considered myself straight, I just always knew that I was attracted to boys. It's hard to explain, I just... always knew. :s

8. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Erm, . . . would say that the possibility only hit me well after I turned twenty. :confused:

#8 Sartoris, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  9. Suffocation

Since I was 6 or 7 years old

10. TheUndiscovered

I've always thought I looked at guys a little different than my other friends did. When I was younger I would feel nervous around guys that were attractive and I wanted to be around them and I liked when they noticed me.
    I guess I've always kind of known in the back of my head..I don't know..I remember it hitting me around puberty and then I decided to identify to myself as gay in 6th grade.

11. Lad123

Same. Since I was like 6 or 7 but possibly younger. Its hard to remember before then.

12. jaysuss

I realized I liked guys back in seventh grade. It was after a girl had given my a BJ and I couldn't come to keep it "up". Plus I had been staring at guys anyway and that just helped me realize that I was gay. It doesn't mean I didn't try to change it but now I know it isn't something you can change..

13. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Didn't truly realize it until sometime in my 20's (but looking back shoulda seen it earlier)

14. HatterMad

Since always.

15. IanGallagher

When I was 7... but, thought all guys liked guys too. Then it disappeared when I heard liking guys was 'bad' and those who did got ridiculed. Then it re-appeared when I was 13 and heard about it from an interview on the film 'Alexander' (The Great). Then the scientist creep came with his research. And from there on out until sometime in college I thought either I was just an odd straight guy or that every guy also liked guys as well and that gay and straight people just 'chose.' ... it was a really round-about journey.

16. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I always knew there was something different about me. I didn't know I was gay until about 5 months ago.

17. DanD

I remember at school, I think I was around 12 years old and I had a huge crush on a Spanish boy the same age as me. We became friends for a while, but nothing sexual was ever mentioned or ever happened. He was so beautiful and I can't even remember why we went our separate ways. I remember laying on my parents couch and staring at the ceiling for hours on end thinking about him, they thought it was a girl I think. I wish I'd have told him how I felt, but at the time I was so shy about everything.

18. Earliest memory that could explain my feelings towards dudes?

Like..4, lol. 7-8 when I was a kid.

19. Adorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I saw Angelina Jolie in her bikini in Tomb Raider. :icon_bigg

20. revi

revi Guest

Depends on what you mean... i had gay feelings since 11 and a half but i admitted it at 14&3/4 (2 weeks ago XD) i guess i probably had gay feelings way before that but it didnt really involved attraction sooo i guess i could've ignored it...