1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update on how school is going.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LisforLisa, Oct 26, 2012.

1. LisforLisa

So the last time I posted was on my first day of high school. I posted that I really hated high school. Now I've gotten more involved and everything has gotten better. High school is actually really fun. I was on the tennis team in two weeks I'm trying out for the bowling team. In the spring I'm going to play softball. I always joined french club, teen court and gsa. My grades are pretty bad right now I have 3 b's and 3'c but I still have 2 months to improve them. I've gotten my first girlfriend at the homecoming dance which was spectacular and so much fun. But we have broken up now. I get to see my crush almost daily and she remembers my name. The only bad thing is some guy in my math class likes me. He's tried to ask me out but I've told him no. Now he wants to be just friends but I don't want to be friends with him so I avoid him.

2. Gen

Gen

Well, that good to now. Highschool is really about making 'the' extra effort to branch out. It doesnt always work out for many, but I am glad that yours in going well ^-^.

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

First, great! I'm glad you're feeling better. I remember replying to your post and being nervous for you.
    Second, why don't you want to be friends with the guy? I'm not calling you mean, I'm just curious.

4. starfish

Because when someone asks you out and you say no, they use being friends as a backdoor into starting starting a relationship. <Lying>I've never used that tactic</Lying>

5. LisforLisa

Just because I know he wants to be friends so he can make a move on me. I think he should realize that we will never be together. I don't want to be mean to him it's just for his own good.

6. LisforLisa

I've done that a couple times also so I know what's he doing.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great that your increased involvement in school has made things better, and that school has become fun for you. I'm sure it will have a positive effect on your grades too, in that you might find an increased level of motivation to study.

In terms of the guy wanting to be friends, and yes even though he has asked you out, and you have said no, there is a chance that he might really just want to be friends. Has he given you any indications that he would make a move on you, if you would try to be friends with him?