1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Path to Acceptance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caudex, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

So, I thought I should share this tip that helped me get through the most difficult part of homosexuality. And that is the acceptance. I wondered if I was committing a morally wrong act by feeling the way I do.
    So what I did was look up a bunch of pages with the Google Search terms, "Is being gay wrong," and stuff like that. Eventually, I migrated to, "Why being gay is wrong," and other such search terms. Why? Because I found the best way to reach acceptance was to read the arguments of idiots.
    After reading the jewel that is What's wrong with being gay? Homosexual behavior versus the Bible, I began to realize, "These people are unable to form a single cogent point." And I began accepting myself.
    So to anyone who's struggling with acceptance, read articles from the other side. It helps. And it's still comedic gold to me.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find immersion in the hatred of others an odd path to personal acceptance, but good for you if it worked.

That was not my path.

3. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah stupid arguments like that basically made me perfectly fine with throwing out most of the bible as either people using religion to get what they want or simply going with 'That's the way it's always been.' Now I just I believe whatever God says that's on something permanent (10 Commandments) or whatever Jesus blatantly told us to do/to not do.