1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Report on LGBT community and issues with mental illness.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Priiiide, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Priiiide

Hello everyone, for my report at university I have to pretend I am a project officer working for a mental health illness company/charity and I have to focus on a minority group and how mental illness effects them. I was going to perhaps narrow it down if I can find the material and look into the issues LGBT community from multicultural (and maybe religious) backgrounds deal with especially countries where it is not lawful, whereas in Australia where I am from it is more acceptable. Has anyone seen any good articles or studies and research essays to back up my claims? Thanks in advance!

2. Priiiide

Okay so if not something so narrow how about a broader topic of mental health and LGBT ???

---------- Post added 29th Oct 2012 at 12:10 AM ----------

And how we are more prone to mental illness such as depression and anxiety with the things we deal with in regards to sexuality?

3. Priiiide

Alrighty thanks anyway guys. I've found a few articles.

4. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    sorry you didn't get any answers here. I think that if people paid any attention to it that, depression, irratability,etc.. which starts around puberty would definately fit into that catagory. It may not be a life long "mental illness", but none the less it is defineatly disturbing (except to a few) for a few years, until we figure out what it is and how we fit in to it.
    greg

5. Priiiide

Thanks Greg! Good point!