1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were you GNC as a child?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caudex, Oct 27, 2012.

?

Were you GNC as a child?

1. I'm a boy who was extremely feminine.

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. I'm a boy who was more "normal."

29 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I'm a girl who was more "normal."

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. I'm a girl who was extremely masculine.

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

GNC stands for Gender Non-Conforming.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it meant General Nutrition Center. They used to be in every shopping mall if you wanted to buy protien powders and other technically legal things to "build muscle mass fast".

Just checked. They still exist. Huh.

Anyway, I was mostly "normal". Not horribly masculine, but not really feminine either. I had a few effeminate traits - I liked to cross my legs when I sat down - but I doubt anyone thought I was gay just from those.

Lex

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Same as Lex basically. Still dont think crossing legs is feminine btw. At least not anymore.

4. Olivier

Everyone thought I looked like a girl!!!!!! They always used to tell me..."oh I thought u were a girl before ur mum introduced u as her son".....lol and on top of that (looking back at old videos) I was incredibly feminine acting and talking without even knowing it:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Shouldn't be to much of a shock when I come out hopefully:grin:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I remember being equally enthusiastic about "girly" things and "boyish" things. I suppose that was a good indicator of things to come. :slight_smile:

6. Suffocation

i was such a girl. :slight_smile:

7. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

at various points, I looked like a girl. I would consider myself normal if slightly feminine

8. Until high school I was pretty "normal"
    but then high school came along and I got into my little pony FIM and just did drag for Halloween.

9. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Ah, too few options!

I was more "normal", but I ALWAYS wanted to be able to play with girl's toys! I especially remember this computer game where you got to dress and put make up on a barbie that I would always play when I was alone....how I didn't know earlier is still beyond me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: xD
    And polly pockets!

Most of my toys were "boy toys" and I enjoyed the hell out of them, though. Everything else I was also "normal". Except for my walk. Apparently my parents have been trying to change how I walk since I was 9!!

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was very feminine as a child. Even going so far as wanting to transition into a female at one point in my youth. There are so many pictures of me playing dress-up as every Disney Villainess this side of Maleficent. I played with my sisters' Barbie dolls on a daily basis. There were some boyish interests I shared, but they were few and far between.

11. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in love with legos as a kid. Always building something. And, Lex, isn't GNC still in every shopping mall?

12. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of the remaining ones, yes. :slight_smile:

Lex

13. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

I was definitely more tomboyish, I dressed in my brothers hand me downs and hated wearing dresses (still do) and played a lot with legos and tonka trunks. I occasionally played with dolls and other girlie toys, but not often.

14. HatterMad

Well since I woreplastic princess shoes and feathered boas, and pushed a stroller full of dolls and tolled everyone I was there daddy...probably seemed rather fem.

But I also built on train and car tracks for hours. My mom jsut didn't mind if I wanted something typicaly girly or not. I can remember askin for a barbie and her car one yeer and Santa trying to talk me out of it.

Not very girly now tho.

Adn we don't have a mall here, but we hav a GNC

#14 HatterMad, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  15. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

When I was about 6 and 7 I was very girly. I wore dresses, played with barbies and all of that. The rest of my life, I was pretty much one of the guys. I wore boys clothes, roughhoused, and spent most of my time playing outside.

16. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Interesting question looking back I guess I should have seen my bisexualality coming, I was way into boy things, I loved playing outside riding bikes, and I had a lot of hot wheels and stars wars stuff, and then I loved all my barbies and my little pony and care bears and rainbow bright and polly pocket and girls games like girl talk( lol don't think anyone would remember that one, damn I'm old.)

17. Ducked

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was into more bookish things *nerdy* :slight_smile:. But more girly if you had to say.

Funnily enough, some of my girl friends that were very tomboyish are very very straight and narrow. =]

18. Zontar

I sat with the girls, had lots of female friends, was very jealous of their cute clothes, and liked boys just as much as they did.

I still do almost all of these things.

19. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pretty much as boyish as you can be.. played with toy cars and trucks, had only boys as friends, played soccer and built forts all day outside, and my room was blue (still is).

20. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Eh, I think your poll should have included a wider spectrum of options than either being "extremely" masculine/feminine or just "normal".

I don't think I was especially gender non-conforming other than that I developed a strong distaste for sports from a young age. I just never had any interest in playing them or watching them, no matter how much my father tried to force me to do both.

Other than that though...I didn't play with Barbies or like to cross-dress or anything like that. In terms of toys, I mostly liked to build things with Legos or Megablox or K'nex, or whatever all those things were called. I also liked Playmobil and toy cars and dinosaurs and things. Though I guess I did like to make more complex storylines about my Playmobil soldiers and knights than most boys probably were...