1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendzone experiences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew91, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Andrew91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are any of you in that region known as the friendzone? Have you felt like you're the "sage" or advice-giver to your friends or person your crushing on, but never the person in question that's in the relationship yourself? I think most of us can attest to, at the very least, one experience like this.

As a bisexual, I've been on the end of giving advice to both male and female friends regarding this. A girl I work with always asks me what I think she should get her boyfriend as a gift. I even went to Walmart with her one time to help her pick out stuff for him, cause me and him like stuff like video games, movies, sports, and that kind of stuff. I was also the third wheel when I hung out with them one weekend as they made out every 30 seconds and I awkwardly was just "there". :eusa_doh:

One of my male friends, who I greatly admire and like, is always asking me what to do and say to this girl he hangs out with, who is one of his neighbors. I tell him just to be cool and talk to her, get to know her. Now he's going to see a movie with her in a couple days or so. He tells me how she likes 4chan and the same video games that me and him like, and I told him I thought it was pretty awesome. Of course, he's a straight guy, so me and him could like everything down to a tee and he wouldn't like me in that way. That seems to always be the way it works. :bang:

Anyways, I'm pretty sure with enough confidence I'll find myself not so entrenched in the "friend zone" one day and I'll be able to find someone who I can share a relationship on a romantic level with. For right now I'm in college and that's really my main life goal and focus at the moment.

What are your experiences regarding this subject?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I can't really say that I'm in the friendzone because I've never asked anyone out or anything like that.