1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nude Beaches.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starships, Oct 28, 2012.

1. starships

Have you ever been to one?

I've never even seen one and I don't think I'd be one of those people that are like 'Woohoo lets get naked' I'd be like... Ok I'll be in the bathroom tell me when your all done okay :slight_smile:

(&&&)

2. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Supposedly there used to be a gay nude beach on Jordan Lake, not far from where I live. It was closed recently though.

There are large uninhabited sections of our state's coast that you could get away with nudity on. Masonboro Island has a reputation for it, but there are no official nude beaches.

3. I don't judge people by their looks
    however there will probably be plenty of people I do not want to see nude there :confused:

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

There's a nude beach within 20 miles of my house.
    I would never go there. While, technically speaking, nudity should not impede normal social interactions, we are all accustomed to clothing and act weird in its absence.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Not a nude beach but a Japanese hot spring.
    Strange thing is I have no problem being nude in front of others, but I am incapable if using public urinals.

6. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My ex and I were taken to one by her brother(he didn't tell us).
    But, laughed hysterically when my ex and I (after what seemed like a long time) realized it. This was a place called "Cherry Grove" on Fire Island just off of Long Island.

We then went into a restaraunt and ordered sandwiches. The waiter came around and handed out these little packets. I asked my ex if she wanted my "mayo". That's when she told me they were condoms. I know...a little slow sometimes...it's a gay beach :frowning2:

7. julia

Is there such thing as a lesbian beach? Because that is a place I would like to go to. I don't think I would ever go to a nude beach, though. Not because I'm insecure of my body but because I do not want to see any naked guys, no thank you.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, the part about acting weird in the absence of clothing isn't really true in social nudity settings. People strike up casual conversations, hug, touch, and just about everything else people do with clothes. If you're a first-timer it seems a little odd for the first few minutes, but you adjust to it really quickly.

Think about that statement for a minute. You don't judge people by their looks, but wouldn't want to see certain people nude. Which essentially means, you're judging them by their looks. :slight_smile: When you go to a typical, regular beach or pool, you see plenty of people of all shapes and sizes. So what's different about a nude beach? Only that they aren't covering up one or two small parts of their bodies. It really shouldn't make any difference, unless you're saying you don't like regular beaches because you don't like looking at unattractive people.

Just pointing out something to make you think :slight_smile:

9. starfish

We have one here in Austin, but I've never been. I not much of one for the clothed beach either.

10. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I've never been to one, but I have been to a nude park. Most people were fully clothed, myself included, but I saw some nude couples having picnics. If you had asked me before this experience if I would be comfortable in a nude park, I would have said, "No way!" It was not as bad as I thought; I was actually completely comfortable.

11. Good point But I will not go with my parents. o3o

12. Ticklish Fish

Why would I go to one lol? I don't want my naked body to get sunburnt... even though it might tan better

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well.... I think a lot of poeple would agree that that would be a lil odd. One of my friends, in his 40s, invited his mom and his sister to go to a nude hot springs, and they both went. I think his mom was a little, uh, uncomfortable at first, but later we all laughed about it. She said to me "How many people do you know who'd invite their mother to join them at a nude resort... and how many mothers do you think would accept the invitation?"

Another friend, in his late teens, invited his mom to the same place. She couldn't quite handle it and declined. :slight_smile:

14. aeva

I've gone skinny dipping with family and close friends before (either in lakes/ponds or backyard pools) and never really had a problem with it. I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it around strangers though...

15. FunnyMonkey

I have been to one no ,would I go in a New York minute , but I have been skinny dipping.

16. Mandy

I know this is called a necro for me, but I am new here and I have something to add to this whole conversation. I have been to nude beaches since 95 and love the freedom of clothing and having no tan lines. There is a legal nude beach in Miami called Haulover and its next to Sunny Isles along Collins Avenue near State Road 826.

It is no different than a clothing area, just bathing without clothes, but doing as you would on a clothed beach. I like it, and wished more people would try it as there are, I think, but many are intimidated by the amount of single males that hang there. The fact is you have less problems there than you do on a regular beach when it comes to weirdos and stuff.

I have been asking myself that question, about why more males here being that off the beach women in general are the ones with less clothing and men wear more. Yet more male nudists than female prevail at clothing optional places. Well, you just do not think about it in the first place and you just need to just go with it when you get there. I used to kill myself trying to figure it out.

Just do not go in Winter time when its below 60 degrees as no one else comes due to obvious reasons cause that is when the actual predators are out! Once it was cool out, but not cold enough where you could not actually try to be out in the open and I thought I had the beach to myself, but two guys were stalking me and one followed me down the road. The beach I went to is in an extremely rural area with one road in and out to the area, and one of the weirdos actually was stalking me even on wheels.

Other than that its fine to be there. I never had no problems except the usual political types where one guy started bashing my faith when he asked me my ethnic backround and I told him. That is mild compared to the other, but I would recommend to try it as everyone is the same!

17. therunawaybff

I feel like I should go to that restaurant's manager and complain about racism, or something. I mean, giving out condoms instead of breath mints at a restaurant?

Is that REALLY the world's perception of how gay guys see life? As one long fuck in need of a rubber?

I mean....geez. I kind of feel insulted and I wasn't even there.

Back on topic: I haven't been to a nude beach, but I'd totally go. As stated in another thread, I already sleep in the nude (and walk around the house nude a lot when I'm alone, if we're getting really honest) so I don't think public nudity in an appropriate place would bother me that much. I'm pretty comfortable with my body and I don't get squeamish about other people's bodies either.

#17 therunawaybff, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  18. SamAlex728

I'm a bit of an exhibitionist..Sooo, nuff said? xD

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been to a nude beach in southwest France, it was great, crowded and people were completely comfortable, either clothed or naked...but maybe that's just France...:eek:

20. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been to a nude beach. Then, again, the only beaches I've been to have been to recently are rocky, and along cold water. They can be nice to walk on, but they are not a place where I'm inclined to lounge for hours on end, reading the most recent trashy best seller.

Would I be willing to go to a nude beach? Philosophically I have no problem with a nude beach. But emotionally, I'm not really ready for that.

Although in a situation involved a relatively deserted place, and I was with people whom I felt comfortable with, I'd probably not mind being nude.

One obvious thing to keep in mind: views of what's acceptable when it comes to levels of dress (or undress) vary wildly from family to family, or person to person.