1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did others realise your sexuality before you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crassus, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Crassus

Crassus Guest

How many people had friends or family who realised your sexuality before you did?

I've only recently figured it out for myself, but it seems like everyone knew before I did.

When I was in second grade, I had a friend tell me I was gay, before I even knew there were such a thing as gay people. This was the first time I had ever heard the word. Her parents had told her what "gay" was the night before, and for some reason, she thought of me. After she called me gay (and explained what that meant), I remember feeling ashamed. Now that I look back on this, I'm amazed that she could see something in me that I wouldn't be aware of for years.

During high school, I had so many friends, and my mom, ask me if I am gay, and some of them refused to believe me when I said no. It was frustrating that they didn't believe me, and it is even more frustrating to know that they were right. If/when I do come out, I'm sure they will smugly say, "I told you so." :dry:

2. Colours

I've been asked if I was gay multiple times, but sometimes in a joking way (although, behind every joke is a bit of truth).

There are some people who think I could be gay. Probably even more than I know of. But no one has ever said 'Hey, I think he's bisexual' or asked 'Hey, are you bisexual?' because that, for some reason, is just something that doesn't regularly happen.

So to answer your question: No, I guess.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Nope, not that i can recall.

Hey at least they accept you already, before you've even come out...

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, the first person I came out to said that he had suspect I wasn't straight for quite some time.

5. AlexisAnne

Yes. The girl I'd been seeing when I was about twenty didn't even ask. She told me I wasn't straight. When I came out to her, she just said, "I know." Honestly though, nobody I've come out to with my orientation has been that surprised.

6. FollowtheFreeman

Yeah. Although I don't think they believed I wasn't straight because of my attitude or personality. I've always been a very pro-gay kind of person even before I knew I was pan, and I guess everyone assumed I was gay because I supported the LGBT community.

If that makes sense.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that my mom may have had an idea. Growing up, teachers called my parents because I did not act like a girl. (Stupid right?) She was still surprised when I told her.

8. I've had a couple of people say "I knew it!" when I came out to them.

9. Linthras

Linthras Guest

The only one who ever called me gay was a bully in highschool and that was probably meant as an insult, not an accusation.
    But yea, everyone assumes I'm straight and I've never heard of a situation were someone was asked if they were bi.

10. jvn95

I have had a couple of people ask if I was gay, because if there was an opportunity to act frilly, I would go for it!
    That and a couple people asked if I loved my best friend in middle school, because apparently I was "a little too close". I was, but I promptly denied it.

Other than that, most of the people I had told were accepting, but kinda think I'm lying or doing through a phase. I can't blame them so much because alot of people we know say they're gay one week, then Bi, then straight, then Pan, then whatever. So it kind've ruins it.

So to answer more directly, (sorry!) yes, some people "knew" before me.

11. Caudex

Caudex Guest

People have asked me that before.

12. Pyrotactick

One of my friends knew long before I did.....I don't know how.

13. csocm

A couple of years ago, one of my friends asked if I was but I had made a joke or a comment that could lead to her thinking I'm gay. I told her no because at the time I had never thought about it.

A couple of my friends that know, sorta thought it and my cousin had her suspicions. I think my gay aunt sorta guessed it when I got my cardboard cut out of Brittany from glee. One of my uncles probably suspects it, I mean most of our conversations do go back to Brittana.

But now probably more people will suspect it because I don't hide anything as much. Like I'm not out, but I talk about LGBT stuff all the time.

14. Minamimoto_Fan

Most of my friends knew before I did, it was kinda creep :eek:

Like my friend, L (I like referring to people by the first letter of their first names online), she always keep asking if I was a hundred percent sure if I was straight, because she knew guys that liked me. I wasn't able to come to terms with it until a year later, so unfortunately some of those guys had graduated already... =/ Figures huh

15. mintdust

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    no, actually others have alwyas thought i was very girly and tried to force me being something im not :frowning2:

16. CalebCael

I was asked if I was a lesbian a good bit before I accepted the thought

17. andersonh09

andersonh09 Guest

Pretty sure most of my family and friends knew before I did, or at least before I came out.

18. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm gay without me even telling them.. But to be honest I have absolutely no idea how :s

19. BudderMC

I've had one friend ask me if I was gay before I came out... come to think of it, I haven't come out to her yet either. Nobody else seems to have known, or they're denying it through their teeth.

20. jaysuss

My parents and friends had asked if I was gay before but I always said no. Once I came out to some of them they never said i told you so or anything. It was cool.