1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I FAIL at the gay :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by otc877, Feb 8, 2008.

1. otc877

otc877 Guest

Today, I had this craving for some home-made cookies... so I try to convince my mom to bake some :slight_smile:

She says no, and that I should make some myself because "it isn't that hard."
    Okay mommy, I believe you.

So I pulled out the recipe and went over the ingredients... awesome, just need some baking soda and I'm ready.

So I make a trip down to the grocery store, and pick up some baking soda. I go to the express lane (i have 1 item?) and put my monster box of baking soda down on the conveyor belt.

The cashier then precedes to tell me that she's really excited to go home and wash her face with her new face wash. With all my might, I suppressed laughing as much as I could. I smiled and said, good luck. (Who tells customers this? Honestly...)

So anyways, got off topic there. Once I got the missing ingredient, I started to make the cookies.

So, I read the ingredients listed and start dumping them all in the mixing bowl. Except for I couldn't quite comprehend that tsp meant teaspoon and not tablespoon. So, I ended up putting a tablespoon of salt and baking soda in the mix.

On top of that, I didn't really read the directions and just dumped all the ingredients together into a bowl and missed the step where you beat in the eggs into the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda, instead I just plopped all the ingredients together into the bowl and mixed. So my cookies turned out to be runny and gooey... and salty.

My family took a bite and told me never to bake again :slight_smile:

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

Notice how there's half-eaten cookies? Ya, that's because nobody could finish one. They were awful.

I feel cheated out of being gay, I can't bake. :frowning2:

2. TyraBanksIsFierce

Those biscuits look interesting.....

I make a pretty mean cake imo./brag:icon_redf

3. Lane

I am sorry, but I couldn't help but chuckle just a bit. But it is out of my systems now. ehem....

First of all baking is something you really need to follow the directions on. Unlike regualr cooking where you can learn to do things by taste and smell and even looks in the pan or pot. Baking is a precise business, you just need to learn the basics and I think you will do just fine on your next batch. Being gay does not automatically make you a good baker, but practice will.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

They look really really nice.....

I love baking:grin:

5. KatoKumi

I can't bake either.
    High five!

...I can cook though; I'm amazing at sandwiches, crepes, etc [:

I won't tell you to practice baking; because mine, even, is a natural anti-talent, lool.
    :/

6. InaRut

Anyone else really want homemade cookies now?

7. Alexander

yup. but ones I make. :grin:
    I would be a professional baker, except, you can only get a job in cooking of any kind if you go to a REALLY prestigious school....

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Practice makes perfect! :slight_smile:

9. Jerr

You might just have other homo-skills you are great at.

I personally LOVE to bake... and have never made that mistake... but hell I eat AS I bake so ya know... you tend to be more careful sense you're going to be munching on them first.

Oh and to help you... go grab a roll of cookie dough.

I had fun with that last weekend. So just cut off one end of the tube and squeezed the rest out on the pan and made GOD'S cookie! It was HUGE! Then some stoners came over and stole my cookie.... damn stoners and their munchies...

10. SkyTears

Good job, lol. Now I want cookies, thanks a lot!

11. davo-man

Hehe good job...oh well at least they look nice...kind of hehe

I don't bake...I get a box of Sara Lee cookies, mix it with water oil and eggs and plop that in the oven...so much easier than completely home made, but I appoaud your attempt at it

12. sexyalex

don't worry about it. cookies arn't as easy to make as they seem. i have been baking since i was age 3 and i still have faults in baking every now and again. at school we learn to make allot of baked stuff in food and nutrition class like custards, pies, cakes(we have to learn how to bake all types-sponge, rich, gingerbread, one-stage etc.) and breads. I am great sometimes and another time i am poor..especially cookies.:dry:

my mother is a food chem. teacher and she made me develop a love for baking and cooking and i am currently in experiment with different flavors and cross breeds with savory and sweet dishes like pies, creps and moose. :grin: if u practice allot like becky said, no doubt ur bound to come good one day...after all, there was once a time no one used to want to eat from me. now, i can't say the same :wink:

13. sdc91

I think it's less of failing at being gay, but rather excelling at being a man and not reading instructions. lol

14. tiptoerainbows

Ahaha, sorry but that is kind of funny. I don't bother baking, because when I do, I burn the bottems.
    I say try again, now that you've learnt what you did wrong with your first lot.

15. sexyalex

lols. classic...:lol:

16. panda

In some ways you were successful. Now your Mom will always bake you cookies,

17. KatoKumi

Ftw!
    I fail as a man though, then.
    I follow directions to the T :/
    Lool.

18. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never known baking to be a gay stereotype...guess I should start working on that.

19. robby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    they dont look that bad

20. Alexander

You just need to raise the rack the cookie tray's on about two levels.