1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Write about the following: Words Hurt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WillowMaiden, Oct 29, 2012.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Something I drabbled up today. Write your own thoughts on the topic "Words Hurt" whether in form of a statement or a haiku. Happy creating. :slight_smile:

In social battle, we dress in a nice shiny always-new armor made of docile wit, repression, avoidance, and all safe things in the like. As we are stabbed by their sword of words, our armor remains unchipped, sporting not the slightest dent, but behind the silent steel we are wounded every time.

Attached Files:

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It really pains me how we don't realize how words hurt. Or if we do, we believe that we are entitled to say hurtful things on the grounds that others simply "need to grow thicker skin," which is always code for "I don't have to evaluate my moral character."

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

So fucking true. They always lecture the "weak" ones about letting others attack them...letting? Who welcomes humiliation, who opens the door for ridicule? Psh. Let. Kretyn bekart, idiot bastard. Why is the bad treatment allowed as if it is some right of passage they are supposed to put others through, but any hurt feelings from said behavior frowned upon? You suspend me for fighting back-for speaking out, but never them for pushing me first. "Don't let them get to you." "No. You don't give them the right to get to me. That is how it stops."