1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i read this a weekish ago and i cried&felt a release from spiritual abuse.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mattloveshugs92, Oct 30, 2012.

1. mattloveshugs92

this article made me cry:
    A Different Kind of Christian Demonstration at Gay Pride | TimSchraeder.com

it did and i will be open, many of us have recieved spiritual abuse mixed with verbal emotional from religious organazations
    i my self did from a church, so bad that i had night mares, i was barricated in a room for 20 minutes by 2 church memberes yelled at. :frowning2:. the church was advertised as accepting, from the administrators, but turned out to be a lie, i felt like crap and turned to old habits for a week, some a year and a half later i was scarred deeply
    seeing this took my pain away and i cried, i felt such a release, of the terror i had about a year and a half ago. it made me cry, it was helpful
    I hope this will help any of you damaged by a church or other religious area.
    love and happyness ----- <3 matt

:grin:

if there are any gay christians, remember the bible does not mention homosexuality, it is a misconseption

Soulforce » What the Bible Says–and Doesn’t Say–About Homosexuality

soul force is a great link to help lgbt people love their sexuality and keep their faith, it is pro LGBT.

2. DanD

I don't understand why anyone could be anti-LGBT. They didn't somehow 'decide' to be straight, did they?
    Each and every human being on this planet we share together should be able to love each other regardless of the sex we were given at birth, DNA forms us, and we, and others, should understand that life is way too short to hate - it has zero benefit for them except for possible ego on their part, which doesn't help society as a whole; people need to accept that love is love, and allow anyone to feel happy within love's grasp inside and outside of any place in this world.

3. mattloveshugs92

I agree with you, people can be so damaging, some have said stuff to me out of love, so i hold a gracious smile say thakns for the concern and walk away but this was different. and i am glad that article over a year later gave me some closure. i hope this post can help someone or many.

---------- Post added 30th Oct 2012 at 02:06 PM ----------

love is a force that can conquer the world

4. FishMan27

Thank you so much for posting this article! Yesterday, a devout a catholic friend of mine told me he'd be there for me but followed with the Catholic church is against such a sin. I've felt a mixture of anger and depression since he said that, and it made me hate religion so much. I've never been religious, but I've never been anti-religion. I see a lot of good things and a lot of bad things about religion. These last couple days have really brought out the bad, and I've found myself just irritable! I do a good job hiding my feelings (I've had a lot of practice) so I doubt anyone noticed how angry I was, but this article at least gives me hope that there is hope for humanity and equality.

5. mattloveshugs92

bro i am sorry that happened to you, and you felt that way. hug! i will hope/pray/ send you good thoughts that you can express your feelings, some how some way, that you arent anrgy. i will keep you in my thoughts, my advice is find cretive hobby its expressive, i do music :grin:.

Soulforce » What the Bible Says–and Doesn’t Say–About Homosexuality this link just about saved my faith, and probably has saved gay lived, debunking 1300 year old bigotry and condescension. a straight lgbt advcoating christian friend of mine in the arizona new mexico area sent this to me. smile :grin: and add me.

6. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was Orthodox Christian and it's difficult to be lesbian and in same time be a part of religion, which hates you so much! I know how it feels when people hate and execrate you only because you are gay! but this is their choice and I accepted it and can say that hate is more difficult than to love! So when poeple start telling you about sin and other insulting things won't be angry, remember next Bible's quote ( Corinthians 13:4-8):
    "4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."

7. mattloveshugs92

<3 yulia that is an amazing reply to say to them using the words of love :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
    i hope you still have faith, have you checked into agios? it is an lgbt orthodox movement.

8. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understood that faith and religion are different things))))) so now I believe only in unconditional love)))

9. mattloveshugs92

YAY LOVEEEEE :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
    do you anything esleally(i made that up XD) haha XD

10. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    People like the ones in the OP are the reason I still consider myself a Christian and don't think that religion itself is inherently evil. It's really too bad they don't get the recognition they deserve because of all of the "Kill the gays" 'Christians' constantly get the limelight.

For that second link, I think I'm still going with my throw everything out that's not the Ten Commandments or what Jesus blatantly said for now. At least the author of that agrees that people use the Bible to manipulate others and try to get what they want.

11. FishMan27

After re-reading this, I realize it probably sounds worse than I intended.

First of all, I want to be clear that the reason I am not religious is simply because I wasn't raised with religion. My morals and belief structure came from my parents teaching me right from wrong. It's not like something happened that made me lose a religion. I just never had one.

I've always been fairly neutral when it comes to religion. Looking at religion alone, Insee many good things and many bad things. What determines whether or not religion is good or bad is the people who practice the religion. If it's used to inspire kindness, compassion, and acceptance, I'm all for it. If it's used for personal gain, diminishing of a person or group of people, or to discourage independent thinking, I see a problem.

The reason I was hating religion so much was because I got overly angry (perhaps irrationally so), and I let this one event change me, which I hate. I just have a hard time accepting an institution that tells people how to think by brainwashing them. That's perhaps a little exaggerated, and I don't mean to sound overly melodramatic.

If those are the beliefs one chooses to follow, I could care less, as long as hat believer doesn't go and try to force their beliefs on others and they don't take action to limit the freedoms of others because of their beliefs. That is perhaps the underlying cause of my frustration.

This election season has not been good for my sanity. I just came out this year, it's my first election I can vote in, I hear so many campaign ads from multiple states (one of the cons of living near the border of states), and one of the issues on the ballot is a marriage amendment further limiting the rights of gays. It's hard enough coming to terms with being gay, but when you add in all of the conservative talk around school, it becomes really stressful and frustrating. I'll feel a lot better when the election is all over. :slight_smile:

12. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    my stance on religion is tat it should be something personal to your self and not something you spread around and use to make others do want you think is right, I'm all for people having their religion, but why can't they just keep it in their hearts and if they don't think being gay is right, then ok fine, just choose to live your life how you think is right not say anything to others you are responsible for your self and no one else! Also the thing that
    Pisses me off the most about religious people is they use the bible to say it's ok for them to kill others because they are gay and that they are just carrying out gods work, where in the bible does it say that god commands you to kill the gays? It doesn't in the ten commandments it's says thou shall not kill! It doesn't say tou shall not kill except gays. No one has no right to play god, only god can Judge .

13. FishMan27

Exactly! Plus, according to an article someone posted earlier, the original Hebrew and Greek texts don't even mention homosexuality. It was interpreted into the English version of the Bible.

14. mattloveshugs92

I agree with you, thats why christians dislike me is because i have that view. they dont like the fact i shut down their biggotry.