1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piano

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nathaniel, Oct 30, 2012.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

I am slowly falling in love with this amazing instrument! :grin:
    I learned how to play Boston by Agustana
    Now I'm learning how to play Us by Regina Spektor
    :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

2. Gen

Gen

Join the darkside ^_^.

I have been playing the piano for....... about 8 or 9 years now. Many pianist frown upon beginners using 'modern' music to learn the craft because it has less structure than classical, but there really isnt a problem with it. I would encourage people to learn their favorite songs when they start, it helps keep interest.

Though I found that the more I played the more I began to enjoy classical styles more. I'm currently on a Beethoven binge. But yeah, stick with it.

3. stonewalk

a very fine choice. it makes me sad that there are so few people that learn classical instruments anymore. particularly cello and violin.

4. Thyker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I absolutely love the piano! I've been playing for about 10 years now.

There's nothing better and more relaxing then coming home after a stressful day and playing the piano.

5. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I don't play the piano, but I'm learning to play one of my favorite instruments of all time, the violin.

6. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm learning to play the piano, I've only learned How the Saints Come Marching In, but I love playing it.

7. SundrenchedGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love piano, it's a beautiful instrument. Grew up in a household where my grandma taught piano in our living room, been playing for probably 15 years, she absolutely insisted on it! It's a beautiful skill to learn, classical music holds such deep roots in all music genres. :slight_smile:

8. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I play piano as a 2nd instrument. I like to sing and play the piano, things like Coldplay and Take That songs. :slight_smile:

9. FishMan27

Mozart is better! haha

Yes, piano is awesome! I call those keys my "88 Little Shrinks." Piano helps me relieve SO much stress that builds up.

10. Gen

Gen

You know, I thought I was more into Mozart, but when I actually did the research I found that I prefered Beethoven on many more often. Plus, Beethoven has a much cooler full name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

11. ameliawesome

Franz Liszt! :slight_smile: I miss playing the piano.

12. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love playing piano. It is my favorite insturment. I really like Mendelsohn.

13. Kieth11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love the piano! I finally got an acoustic piano a few months ago, and it sounds great! I've been playing for about five years, but it sure doesn't seem that long!
    I also play accordion, which people that I've talked to say it is similar to the piano, but it's not. It's not even close, it's like, different. Before we get off on the wrong page here, I'm talking about a keyboard accordion, not the button accordion.

My favorite composer right now is Chopin. I play only one of his pieces (and should be looking for more), but the one piece is so fun to play, and really nice to hear, or at least, I think so. It's Fantaisie Impromptu (Sorry if it's misspelled). Love that piece!

I'm playing a lot of pieces by Claude Debussy right now, well "a lot." I've just finished Claire du Lune (well, "just finished" about a month ago) and am finally getting really close to finishing Reverie, that for some reason is taking forever to learn. So, that's two pieces by Debussy. Really like them.

14. FishMan27

Khulau is pretty awesome, too!

15. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

It was the first instrument I truly learned and loved to play. I still do. Along with writing musical arrangements and songs for the piano, I also love to draw. Anything creative.