1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting different

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JakeHas, Oct 31, 2012.

1. JakeHas

Hey everybody! So recently I have come out to a total of 3 people within a week. What a week. Now I seem to be acting different. Not necessarily bad just like... Gay, I guess haha. I've been somewhat more social, not uncomfortable, and in all reality, don't care what anyone thinks of me at this point. I'm not even completely open yet, so it's kinda weird haha!
    Have any of you felt like this before after coming out, even to just a few? All yippy and care free?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's pretty normal. I know I felt that way. A lot more free and careless. And you no longer have to act and play a part. I wouldn't say I've changed a whole lot though. I just act "slightly" more gay I guess.

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm acting more gay even though I'm not coming out simply because I'm accepting myself, so I don't really think it would happen anymore than it already does.

4. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's definitely normal. I feel normal and complete and can talk about anything with them. It is an amazing feeling.

5. Brenny

Yeah this seems to be a pretty common thing. I'm not sure why exactly we do it but for me, as soon as I fully grasped the idea that I was in fact gay, I decided I wasn't going to hold back as much when it came to my interests or whatever. But really, I just decided to be a little less reserved so when I let go I do come across slightly gay-er. If I wanna joke about guys, buy those colorful clothes I want, listen to Carly Rae, watch Glee, and read Twilight, dammit I'm gonna just do it. When it comes to mannerisms and choice of words, it isn't that I changed much, I just don't tone myself down so much like I used to.

6. Neutrality

I've been told I talk alot gayer now =P....I think it's because I used to speak ina very monotone voice, hiding my emotions, but now I wear them on my sleeve so I speak ina very animated manner and put more inflections on words =P

7. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I know people have been saying I walk differently, I guess my hips sway a bit more, and I talk with my hands more. I am just more expressive and not so depressed and angry anymore.

I'm Lov'n it :wink:

8. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

Yeah, I was pretty different when I came out. I think because when you are in the closet you have to suppress yourself, but then when you come out it's liberating and you want to gay it up. Luckily now I've balanced out.

9. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Yeah!! I just came out to my mom and my dad yesterday and my sister knows so I feel a lot more confident now in who I am. Kind of like it doesn't matter if I get rejected by others, if I have my family I'm okay. And who cares what other people think, as long as you have friends and your family :slight_smile:

10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah dude! this is almost word for word the same way I've been feeling lately =] And while I wouldn't attribute it entirely to more people in my group of friends finding out about my sexuality; (things have taken a turn for the better all around really) I'm sure that it's a major factor. It's so nice having people who acknowledge my gayness in a friendly/joking manner around!~ Makes talking to them that much easier, and I'm starting to feel more open and comfortable around most everyone else now because of it. :thumbsup: