1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New car/ what's a good car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Ok so my mom texted me and said she wants a new car and to ask around what's a sexy, fuel efficient luxury car. I always go with Mercedes but I saw this Lexus that I want... More for me but do they make range rovers in hybrids? She has the 2011 E-class coupe Mercedes now and wants a newer not car but SUV type vehicle that's why I was thinking range Rover? But the porsche cayenne I believe has a hybrid model correct? Ok so anyone have a good car in mind post here it doesn't have to be a luxury car (she will go for one) but if there are Hondas or any car like that that are good please let me know THANK YOU! :grin:

2. FunnyMonkey

What is the budget ?

3. caughtbywitness

You sound pretty rich :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Got my first car, Skoda Fabia, it's blue and awesome but as long as it goes, I don't mind!

4. BudderMC

...she has a 2011 car but wants a newer one? Yeesh.

When I'm home, I drive my mom's Toyota Matrix. Seems pretty fuel efficient, and I like the look of it (but I'm also fond of hatchbacks tbh).

It largely depends on what your mom's tastes are.

5. Casper1123

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In Australia we have a magazine called Motor, and another called Top Gear Australia. In the back of both is a large section with cars being released to our shores, with small pictures, basic specifications, etc. You could do some rssearch in a similar Canadian magazine, if you can find one.

6. Alexander69

Haha yes she wants a new car and yes we do have money. Budget is probably $70,000-$80,000 but If its a good vehicle over then

7. Eric

I can't even afford to sneeze in the direction of a car costing that much, let alone suggest one for you to buy. I think the companies you've shortlisted are pretty good. You probably have a better knowledge of luxury cars than I do.

8. FunnyMonkey

I have always like BMW'S they have hybrids too, if she is looking at go green.
    Aston Martin has some sexy cars to but not as fuel efficient I believe.
    Tesla makes some really sexy electric cars.
    (Wish I could afford one) lol
    Hope that helps good luck with getting a car!!

9. Alexander69

Lol I have the Mercedes c63 but I love the cute little b200 haha Im thinking of trading mine in for that HAAH it's cheaper also but it's so cute!

---------- Post added 1st Nov 2012 at 12:21 PM ----------

LOL she won't drive an Aston Martin she looked at a Bentley and my dad was like no you crash too much HAHA

10. Alexander69

My mom would have to go with either the BMW x5, x3, x6 but I wouldn't think the x5 because her friend drove that car and she died last year and it brings back sad memories :'(

11. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you want a fuel efficient porsche... I know the Cayman (smaller one) is good, same with the Boxster and the really new one (carerra I think?). Personally I think Porsches are kind of too flashy. What are you going for size-wise (like you mention range rovers which are kind of very different from, say, a BMW)?

12. Jared

I vote for some sort of BMW diesel since they get relatively good mileage and are nice cars. Though I think the X6 is ugly as sin. I believe they make diesel 3-series and X5 and hybrid 5-series and 7-series. Porsches are nice too and built better than BMWs, but I love Bimmers.

13. starfish

Woah you are 17 and you drive a C63 and you are still alive. Bravo

Her Merc is still pretty new. If she is looking at a new car what dosen't she like about it.

I have to admit I'm not much of a fan of the E class. If I was to buy a Mercedes I would want an S class.

Has she looked at an Audi. I really like the A6 and Audi's have very nice interiors. Another car I really like is a Chrysler 300. Not exactly a luxury brand, but it is a really good car.

14. Alexander69

She wants a vehicle that's higher off the ground and more head room like taller. The escalade is no her cup of tea my Friend has it and she let my mom drive it and my moms like its to big HAHA. The Audi would have to be the q7 because its bigger. She goes through these phases where she wants a car then SUV LOL. And why what's wrong with the c63 :O is it cause of the safety rating it got? I like it it's a really nice car. But I still want the 2013 Mercedes b200 haha I know it's a down grade from the c63 but my moms friend got it and its so cute. It's small but cute heeh get it in blue and white leather interior. I asked my mom if I can get it and she said I have to get a job and pay half.... I aske my parents to cut me off for a while and they took it seriously and ya.... They want me to pay for some of it :O lol. But ya and the Chrysler 300 actually looks really nice.... I'd buy it HAHA! Looks like a rolls Royce... Kinda. Do you know if its silent while it drives? Because it has to be quiet inside I won't drive anything that's not quiet inside.

15. Parzival

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lexus hybrids are beautifulllll

16. Alexander69

Ya I was looking at Lexus hybrids they are nice ahah

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something that runs and gets good fuel efficiency.

18. Alexander69

Lol tell that to my mom

19. Alexander69

Anymore ideas

20. starfish

It is a compact sedan with a 450 HP V8. That is a lot of power and most young drivers are not smart enough to not get them selves into trouble with it.