1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange Pet Peeves?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kikudog6, Nov 1, 2012.

1. kikudog6

What are some strange pet peeves that you have that you really don't understand, but they just seriously annoy you.

One of mine is people who clear their throat weirdly. I know you have to and all if you're sick or something, but seriously some people just do it constantly and sound like they're dying. I mean come on! Go get some water or something! :tantrum:

Feel free to leave a list if you need to as well :lol:

2. Minamimoto_Fan

When I'm in Spanish, it bugs me that people in the higher level course that I'm in are STILL pronouncing "ll", "h", and "j" wrong... I just want to shout "ll=y sound, not two l's, h is silent, and j sounds like h!" but it's not my place to do so, so I just mutter under my breath... *grumble, grumble*

3. julia

The littlest of things annoy me. Loud chewing, constant coughing or sneezing, someone talking nonstop, when people say "awkward" when something is actually awkward and when people say 'it got quiet', like, um, yes good job. So stating the obvious is really annoying to me and it makes me quite uncomfortable. Um, people talking while I'm trying to watch or listen to something, crying children and the parents who then yell and curse at them, incredibly slow walkers, when people cut or file their nails, when people text while driving, when people under the age of 18 complain about people a year younger than them being 'immature'...and yeah that's all I think of right now. I get annoyed easily, whoops.

4. TheUndiscovered

When people eat food and go "Mmm that's good!" or people that breathe loud when they eat...Drives me nuts lol

5. Parzival

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i don't quite know why, but short words always feel kind of angry/aggressive to me so I avoid using them as much as I can in face to face conversations :|

6. Silver Sparrow

When people don't directly answer a question that I ask, or if they don't respond to me. I will keep asking you the same thing over and over until I get some kind of answer.

7. Caudex

Caudex Guest

When people have self-righteous signatures.

8. aeva

My two biggies are people who tell me what to do, and nail filing (I actually have to leave the room, it's worse than nails on a chalkboard to me).

It actually seems to depend on the person. Some people in my life can do pretty much anything and it bothers me, and the opposite is true for others.

9. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

When people grab my smartphone without asking! Drives me nuts!:tantrum:

10. King

King Guest

Bitter people on a forum.

Loud chewing and loud breathing also piss me off beyond belief. Grunting for no reason (my brother does this all the time). Mainly things to do with noises, I guess.

11. Kat kanu

oh i agree its awful especially when they star going through my texts or pics

and i really hate when someone decides its time to talk to me right when i start reading a book or listening to music or call me with nothing to say text at least that way i dont have to completely pay attention to nothing :bang:

12. LightningRider

People who breathe really friggin loud.
    People who chew loudly.
    People who ask "did you see that?!" while watching a movie or show.
    People who change a song I like halfway through.

Those are my big 4 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My biggest one is people who sing alone with any song

I guess another is when people get upset if I don't say bless you when they sneeze

14. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Grammar Nazis with poor understanding of grammar.

Me: "Robert was nice enough to give Brent and me a lesson on footwork."
    Misguided Grammar Nazi: "You mean Brent and I?"

#14 Pret Allez, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  15. Photos like this on Facebook

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically, anything that has "ignore if this" or "ignore if that"

Seriously. What if I just want ignore it, because I feel like ignoring it. I don't need to prove my love for God or my mom by liking a Facebook photo.

16. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What the hell are santans?

17. Well, Satanas is Spanish for Satan. But it's spelled Satanas.

Even though, the "genius" :rolle: who created this photo misspelled it as "santans"

18. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. When at a red light, people who stop like 3 car lengths behind the car in front of them and leave this humungous gap, or if there's no car in front and they still stop that far away from the line. Why do they leave all that space?!?!?!

2. When people don't turn off their blinkers after switching lanes. Do they not hear the clicking sound?! It's confusing for other drivers who see their blinker going off waiting for them to change lanes but they just forgot to turn it off.

3. When people walk super slow or just dawdle. I always walk fast, with purpose and with a destination to get to.

4. When people shake their legs when they're sitting and their pant leg rubs against something that makes noise. It's the worst when people wear athletic pants (the waterproof material), and shaking their legs makes it sound like they're rubbing a windbreaker.

5. When people don't know the difference between they're, their, and there; your and you're; its and it's; etc.

6. When people have no regard for sanitation or cleanliness.

7. When people sing out loud songs they don't know the lyrics to. Then I just get their wrong lyrics imprinted in my head, and that's what I think of every time I listen to the song from then on.

8. When people raise their hand to respond to every single thing the teacher says (and the teacher actually lets them respond every single time). It's called a class, not a one-on-one conversation/discussion between you two!

9. When people just don't stop talking and/or talk really loud.

10. When people aren't on time. Punctuality is everything.

There's more, but I think I'll stop at 10 haha.

19. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

When people over enunciate the letter s when speaking in a mic.

20. CTJ

CTJ

I thought i was the only one, even the sight of a nail file upsets me.

My pet peeve (although i consider it more of a phobia) is guys with long nails. It upsets me and i cant explain why. If i see a guy with nails i unconsciously start biting my own and edge away from the person.

---------- Post added 2nd Nov 2012 at 01:08 AM ----------

and people who dont know the difference between there, their and they're or were, we're and where. I'm not the worlds best speller and my grammar would make a nazi rage at times, but those really bug me.