1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so awkward :P

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musicgeek13, Nov 1, 2012.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

I was in starbucks today and I was looking at the announcement board thing while waiting for my drink. Anyway, I turned around and caught this girl looking at me. Like it was a full on head to toe size up. So I caught her, did a kind of half smile thing and then didn't know what to do with myself. People make me sooooo awkward even when I have the advantage cause I caught her staring at me.

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You do know that one person's awkward is another person's cute... :slight_smile:

3. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

haha that's a good way of looking at it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Romi

Yes. Awkward is super cute and endearing. And I know I'm plenty awkward all on my own. Haha.

In fact, everyone is awkward in some way or another. So don't sweat it.

5. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That happens to me all the time:grin:

Well, I'm not saying people stare at me often, of course, but every time I cross eyes with other people I wlays get awkward:icon_bigg

I guess is somewhat natural thing.

6. stonewalk

yes embarrassment and awkwardness can be extremely endearing and cute. i try to make my girlfriend blush as often as possible.

7. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I don't know someone very well, and I think they may be making eyes at me, I pretend not to be awkward, but I always end up acting that way... -__-

If I know them well and I like them... looking at them isn't a problem for me. :wink:

Don't worry. I'm sure someone that confident might find a shy person very endearing. If I were looking at someone and they were embarrassed I'd think it was very cute! :slight_smile:

8. Vesper

I'm far more awkward than not when dealing with people in person (which is why I prefer writing to calling or meeting someone), and I'm lucky my friends tolerate this social ineptitude. When strangers look at me, my mind never registers the possibility that they are doing anything but giving me disapproving stares. I don't think I'd be able to form words if it turns out someone sized me up from a distance and actually found me worth talking to.

9. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Thanks for the encouragement. It's just funny because in some situations I am totally confident but in others I am a totally shy weirdo. :grin:

10. Other people flirt like this:

"Hey baby, looking hot today"

How I flirt:

"If you were a potato, you would be a good potato." :eusa_doh:

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha I think I flirt somewhere in between those two comments! :lol:
    If someone told me I'd be a good potato I'd be flattered because I'm part Irish! :grin:

12. aeva

I couldn't agree with this more. I think that one of the most adorable things a person can do is get flustered, it makes my heart melt instantly. We've all had those moments were we think "oh my god, I just made a complete idiot out of myself, what is wrong with me? I hope nobody noticed!", and those seem to occur even more when we're in the presence of somebody we're attracted to. But I think very few people are into robots. We're all human, and seeing somebody else display a chink in their armor makes us identify with them strongly. Confidence is a good thing, but humility is even better.

13. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Music, I really like your sig., Love Audrey Hepburn, am gay, and can totally relate. Which if you think about it is really kind of funny, because...I'm male and 56. Talk about opposites...LOL