1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what attracts you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stonewalk, Nov 3, 2012.

1. stonewalk

well typically emotional attraction and physical attraction parallel. My gf when i met her was moderately pretty to me but upon falling for her she became beautiful to the point where i get butterflies and practically melt when i look at her.

as for purely physical attraction i am actually not attracted to individuals almost ever but have always have had a soft spot for cute and androgenic features on men and women. i love when i almost cant tell which gender they are, and am actually a tad jealous of such people because of my prominently masculine facial features.

im curious what attract the lot of you fine gents, ladies, and everyone in between

2. Alan Lewrie

Intelligence and personality count for an awful lot, someone can be the most beautiful specimen to grace the earth and be completely unattractive if they have the personality of dishwater. A sense of humour is required, a tolerance of sarcasm and dark humour helps as well.

I'm attracted to bookish girls and guys by default, but there is a large gamut of attractiveness to me. On a purely physical level, soft features, small breasts for women (There is absolutely nothing wrong with As and Bs!), and no bulging muscles for guys, in fact "ripped" guys are a turn off.

#2 Alan Lewrie, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Self respect, kindness, beauty (could be interpreted into all sorts of different forms and meanings) a good sense of humor, and a great taste in music~ :wink:

4. DJNay

From Joburg, SA but now live in Brisbane, Aus
    Dark and mysterious outlook is an eye catcher for me. Makes me curious and want to know more about that person.

5. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personality and humor are usually what I like for in a person. :thumbsup:
    But if they got those two plus writing and drawing awesomeness, I will have the biggest crush on them. :grin:

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Confidence is a major factor as to whether I like someone or not. I don't like people who are full of themselves or cocky, but if somebody is just confident in their own skin then I find that irresistable.

I also love a sense of humour, if you can get me to laugh, like really laugh.

Positive attitudes, I don't want to be reminded by how much life may suck sometimes, I like people that feel like a breath of fresh air.

7. LightningRider

I have a terrible soft-spot for people with nice eyes. Second to that is the smile. So if you have pretty eyes and an amazing smile, just don't walk by me unless you want to be crushed on. :lol:
    Besides that, I usually look for people who have a good sense of humour and can make me laugh, at least a little gamer or musical and can keep up with me in a conversation.
    And they have to like my pets. My pets are my babies and if you don't like them, get out. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When someone finds me funny I am immediately attracted to them. I suppose that's my needy comedian inside that is desperate for approval.

If someone loves my cooking I find them attractive.

But what draws me in? Anything really. I love creative people, no matter the medium with which they work. And someone who can demonstrate a correct mastery of the English language will always catch my eye. Above all, people who are genuine and completely being themselves without fear (well, without conveying fear anyway) of rejection or displeasure from others certainly attract my attention.

9. MixedNutz

Defff a sense of humor.

Confidence.

And absolutely has to be more comfortable and open about their sexuality then me

10. stonewalk

yeah im am actually a fan a small to no breasts on women. i always feel so sad when they get so upset over the fact that someone has bigger breasts or they think that theirs arent big enough. another on of those pseudo-stereotypes that the world has built.

11. Elizabeth101

I like kind and understanding people a gamer would be great too but physically I like girls who look like boys and boys who look like girls but physical atraction isnt very important to me love is what matters the most :slight_smile:

12. LisforLisa

I really don't care about looks. But I am more attracted to women in uniform than anyone else.

13. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personality wise it's really random, turn offs are people who treat you like trash or people who love themselves a tad to much.

When it comes to looks it can be random, but things that turn me on are asians, people who doesn't fit completely inside the stereotypical genderbox (For example people who are trans or a guy wearing eyeliner), and girls with short blond hair.

Turn offs are long blonde hair and very masculine guys.

If people have a nice personality i can easily look past looks, though they are nice to have.

14. Suffocation

In personality/emotionally, I really want to find people who understand what I am going through. Depression is hard, and I can't really be around people that will just tell me "Get over it, sissy."

Physically, I like tall, pale, mysterious, masculine boys with dark auburn hair, and most likely are going through something that I am. (ahem.. my crush)

15. Yuliya

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Voice... deep voice is the most attracvive thing for me!)
    and women who pretend to be a "cold damned wretch" are always interesting to me

16. Crassus

Crassus Guest

A good sense of humor and some level of intelligence are really important to me. I'm also attracted to kindness, sincerity, and a realistic level of self-esteem (not narcissistic and not self-deprecating). She would also need to be an animal lover.

On a physical level, I love a nice smile. I also find Scottish and Irish accents really attractive.

17. FollowtheFreeman

If they love Half-Life 2; that is an instant turn-on.

18. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first things that get my attention are full, wavy hair and the type of eyes I like. At that point I hope he's a bit shy, kind, and thoughtful. I never find that, or if I do, he's straight. :dry:

19. Thenightfox

That's actually so weird, because I feel the same way. Like the exact. same. way.
    When I met my boyfriend (now ex) of two years, he was only moderately good-looking to me. Not even moderately, that's generous. Needless to say, I didn't find him attractive; I was pretty neutral towards him, like I am towards most people. And then when I fell for him, everything was magnified and I thought "My God, he's gorgeous"

I'm now casually dating two people; one fairly butch lesbian, and a straight male who, like you, has predominantly male features. He was fascinated by my sexuality, and was completely flabbergasted when he asked my preference, and I told him that I usually veer towards either gender-queer males, or females.

20. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

In my experience, emotionally attraction doesn't make me find someone more physically attractive. Sure, it increases their sum-attractiveness to me, but my emotional attraction and my physical attraction are really very separate. And honestly, the more time I spend on this board, the more I feel like I'm in a tiny minority in that way. :confused:

Physically, what primarily attracts me is the guy being chubby, particularly if his weight is centered around his midsection (the "reverse hourglass" figure, I like to call it). Beards and long hair are also very attractive to me.

Emotionally, there haven't been a whole lot of commonalities between the people I've been emotionally attracted to. With ladies, it tended to be people I got really close to as a friend, to the point where I felt like I could really be myself around them, with no filter or pretense of any kind. With guys, I've generally been emotionally attracted to people I was friends with whom I wanted to be in relationships with, regardless of whether those relationships actually materialized.

Absolutely agree with you here!