1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biggest Rip-off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mnguy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I went to Burger King this morning for breakfast and saw the mini-cinnabons on the drive-thru menu board. I thought, hmm, that sounds good and for $1.79 for one it should be good sized, but "mini" in the name gave me pause. Nevertheless, I went for it and got bamboozled. It was so puny and didn't taste that great. I could have bought a whole tube of the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls for less than that and they'd be waaaaay better. So word to the wise, don't get sucked in like I did. :eusa_doh:

Anyone else tried these?

2. No, But now I want too :slight_smile:

3. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is the price of convenience, like how soda at the register is 2$ for 8oz but you can get a full 2 quart (generic brand) bottle for .76$ if you go to the soda/snack isle.

Speaking of rip off, a friend of mine and myself were at McDonald's for lunch and he bought a small drink for the same price that I bought a large (1$).

About generic v. Name Brand products, my dad as a mechanical/industrial engineer and has designed systems for all kinds of packaging/bottling/ect. plants and 9 times out of ten, the name brand stuff is the generic stuff with a different label.

4. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sure convenience, but I could have bought two giant donuts at the gas station or at the donut shop on the way home for the that much. They would have been much better too. Oh well, just thought I'd warn others or see if anyone else had the same dissapointment.