1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your love language?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musicgeek13, Nov 4, 2012.

1. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

How do you find yourself showing people you care? I think the main ones are gifts, saying it, quality time, physically (ie. hugs, kisses etc.), actions (doing things for them)

---------- Post added 4th Nov 2012 at 01:04 AM ----------

I think mine is actions. I have always been a person who likes doing things for people. Even if it's as simple as holding the door, I feel like actions are the best way to prove your respect/love for someone

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm not in a position to demonstrate "love language," but I can tell you I consider the best way you can show it with words. Because you can buy more stuff, but that can just be empty.

3. FollowtheFreeman

I don't express love. Or emotions. It is almost impossible for me to express my feelings for some odd reason.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

For me, it's a mix of quality time, physical affection, and saying it, in even mix. When it comes to saying it, the words "I love you," will only come out after we've been together for a long time, but I will praise a guy and show gratitude for what he does for me early in the relationship.

5. nwonderlad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm, I don't express love with presents, I buy presents when I just want to give him something he wants that doesn't have (yet). I express love manly with words, I do things for him that I wouldn't do for anybody else, I love love love hugs and I believe that a hug can be worth more than a thousand words sometimes. Kisses also, deep kisses, with passion. Many other things. (I'm single lol)

6. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When I love someone, I say, "I love you!"

Unless they don't already know that, in which case I jump that bridge when I come to it.

7. Onyxknight

My husband says I show my love by cooking for him and putting up with him, lol. I think I show it by physical affection. Kissing, hugging, and I also tell him quite a bit. I think the physical show is more important than the words, though.

8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Physically and through speech (that includes writing) I think are my most obvious love languages.:slight_smile:

9. kem

kem

I'm sort of like that as well. I laugh when I find something funny, but most of the time I just am, in a Meursaultian state of being.

#9 kem, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  10. Koan

Koan Guest

Quality time is very important for me.

11. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Quality time is important to me as well. I love spending time with those I care about. Also, Acts of Service. I prefer to show love through practical actions rather than be overly mushy with words or overly romantic.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my 'love language' would be in knowing that it doesn't feel one sided. I mean that, for instance, I wouldn't be the only one to make the first move to suggest something, or send a text saying 'Let's meet up' or 'I miss you'. These things would come from both of us and would make me feel secure in myself and the relationship.

Not that I've ever been in a long term relationship so that might all be bullshit...it's just what I envision.