1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just out of curiosity...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BabyBoy, Feb 9, 2008.

1. BabyBoy

I'm watching True Life: I'm in an Interracial Relationship, and there's this gay couple on there that not only get crap for being gay, BUT being a black guy/white guy couple, and I'm a little concerned by some of the comments their gay friends are making about them being with each other. It makes me wonder.

Do any of you see anything wrong with dating outside of your race? And if you don't see anything wrong with it, do you just not prefer interracial? And why not?

I won't be offended, honestly, we're all mature here so any answer's gonna be whatever to me, I'm just wondering now that I've seen this again.

2. KatoKumi

I don't see anything wrong with it. But I'm one of those people that create weird connections with people of the same ethnicity of me, lol.

I'm open to other relationships. I've dated basically every race, lol.

3. biisme

I don't see ANYTHING wrong with dating otuside your race. Nothing at all.

4. Orion

Are you kidding? Variety is a blessing. In fact I think that even considering it as wrong is very.. wrong? I mean I don't understand people that don't like it.
    Okay, I understand people that don't like it, but really don't understand anyone that has any kind of judgment against it. If you know what I mean.

5. Time

My boyfriend is black. It rarely even crosses my mind that we're not of the same race. Not important at all really, because I love him.

6. Brett

I really don't see anything wrong with it. It's just not my thing really. That's not to say that I'm not open to it if given an opportunity. :slight_smile:

7. Perrygay

Perrygay Guest

I've only been with guys who are outside of my race. Not to offend any white people, but I actually prefer people who are not my own race.

I have seen that True Life episode with the gay couple from Lousiana, and they need some new friends.

8. Lava421

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That episode surprised me. I didn't think such bigotry still existed... enough for an episode, anyway.

Anybody who has a problem with interracial dating disgusts me.

9. otc877

otc877 Guest

Disapproving interracial dating and being gay yourself is somewhat hypocritical.

Gay person: Why cant the world just accept that I can't choose who I fall in love with?
    same gay person: NO INTERRACIAL DATING! WTF?SZ

10. Luroon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is nothing wrong with being in love with someone who is not of your same race; however, I do not see it in my future to potentially date someone that is not Caucasian simply because the area I live in has yet to diversify enough to where gays exist in those populations.

11. sdc91

I'm biracial Eurasian, so I don't have any qualms. Obviously, being the product of one. lol

12. Rizpaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a gay Pakistani living in the US. Do I have a choice?

13. TriBi

This is a question that has been raised on another site (yeah...guess which one :wink:).

While a number of people there are supportive - there are also some who who are not...and, strangely enough, the worst of those have been the black/A.A. guys who put down others for dating outside their race. Some VERY judgemental and offensive comments - even up to and including 'Snow Queen' references.

Shame to see such unpleasantness - and, let's face it, that pretty much is an instance of 'reverse racism'.

14. Level N Human

"Racism is stupid, becausse it doesn't really matter who you are with, so long as they're really really good-looking." - Derek Zoolander

Hehehe, just kidding. I am not shallow.

15. Jeimuzu

I love that film :grin:

16. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i don't see any problem with it. tbh, i am sometimes more attracted to other races. just white with white etc is boring. :slight_smile:

17. Ty

Ty Guest

I like who I like :slight_smile: Whatever race they may be.

18. XxTheNumbOnexX

I believe that you should be with whoever you love(well....if they love you back)......no matter what race....style....or anything else...
    well..exept maybe age..cuz i mean like...ya there are limits there....and for good reasons...but i mean there are exeptions...depends on if theyre old enough and stuff...

19. Kimi

I don't have any problem with it at all:slight_smile:
    I mean...If I dated other than asian it would be interracial relationship anyways:lol:

It's sad that there are still lots of people who are not for it.
    I've been in a relationship with white girl and every time we go to mall or restaurant, few people looks at us and gives "WTF?" looks.
    But that's all so I didn't really mind that much...well, it wasn't nice tho:lol:

20. davo-man

I see no problem with it watsoever...in fact, one of the hottest ethnicities (if that's the correct word) is a black guy with English accent...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TP4b-78_Oe8[/YOUTUBE]

or an Asian guy with a English accent (like Hok)...

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=WIUfAw1Q0AE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

and Aussie Aboriginals can be exceptionally hot as well

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=BgPqh23dW9Q[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

...Plus that last one shares the same name as my fav character from Arrested Development