1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that we are getting close to the end of the year

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you accomplished your new year's resolutions of this year?

Ok, so let's see, this years mine were come out to my family, get a boyfriend and do well in college so......I've done none of those three :grin:
    I have less than two months to make everything happen :eek:!

What about you guys?

2. Emberblaze

I don't think I made any resolutions... Maybe I'll make some for next year lols. Im focusing on trying to stay alive and sane! Heh and that latter aint goin too well!

3. Suffocation

My resolution was to fight off depression...

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I seriously don't even remember what my resolution was, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. santaberry

Had to go back on my tumblr to check what mine were but I had three as well.

embrace my inner soul
    live poorer
    cook more

I definitely have embraced my inner soul more this year due to emotional times not giving me a choice and the production of an all african american production of "Steel Magnolias" starring my favorite woman ever, Queen Latifah.

Live poorer? Tough one. I actually got a promotion and two pay raises at the beginning of the year. So, although I never was late on rent or had to ask my parents for money, I don't know if I just lived poorer or the more money helped lol.

Cook more? Nope. lol

6. FollowtheFreeman

What were my resolutions? I'll just make up one or two right now.

1.) Get the man/woman of my dreams.
    2.) Ride a tyrannosaurus-rex.

Dang... even my made up New Year resolutions haven't come true yet.

7. julia

I think mine was just to be happy. Eh, this year was alright. For 2013 I want to come fully out.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine was to forge myself into a weapon. I recognized at the outset that it's a process. However, I have started fencing and working out on a regular basis. I am objectively healthier for it, and I have a positive body image.

I declare this a non-failure, but the project is on-going, and I will am constantly renewing my commitment to chivalry in all aspects, whether they be physical, intellectual or ethical improvements.

9. Lewis

I didn't make any resolutions for this year because I never seem to accomplish them, but I have managed to come out to 5 people (and some others I barely know), so I feel like I have moved forward this year.

I think my 2013 resolution will be to come out completely; parents, family and other friends. Definitely before I turn 20 - I want my 20s to be the decade that I embrace me and what I'm all about, I want to be able to live the life I've had on hold for so long.

10. Metleon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think I defaulted to 'try new foods' last year, which is my usual New Year's Resolution. I think I tried quite a few things this year, but I was pretty sure I would like them before I even tried them.

Next year, I think it will be 'become more social'.

11. Markio

At the start of this year, I was embarking on my final semester of college. So I'm pretty sure I resolved to graduate, apply to graduate school, and to kiss a guy. I did all three!

I'm thinking that this year I'm going to resolve to write an entire novel.

12. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can't remember whether I made any last year, but knowing me . . . I probably didn't.

13. dreamcatcher

I don't bother with New Year's Resolutions anymore. There's no point since I know I'm not gonna get them done.

14. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I don't even remember whether I made a resolution or not. I probably wanted to be more social and get out of my shell more. I've made some progress on that front thanks to Quiz Bowl. I now have four guys who are slowly working their way up to friend status! Plus I have two people from last year who are also almost-friends. I think that's a record for me.

15. needshelp

well, for the most part, i did what i set myself out to do.

16. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this is why I write this stuff down...ok, lets see.....ah! found it.

Be Nicer to people. Check.
    Focus on School. Check.
    More Self Control. ah....yea, yeas and no. It fluctuated throughout the year.
    Less swearing. Like a drunken sailor.

50% ain't half bad compared to the 0% i usually get.

I think I will try to loose weight next year, also the self control thing.

17. Gallatin

I had to look in the thread we made last year for this. Mine were:

Go to most of my classes. (Partial) success. My attendance has improved (not as much as hoped, though), as has my enthusiasm for school.
    Try to be a little more outgoing. Definite success.
    Eat a bit healthier. Success.

18. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the start of 2012 I decided I really needed to finish my Master's thesis after my struggles in the closet previously had taken my focus away and delayed progress. I successfully defended my thesis at the end of the spring semester and got the final document in (and graduated) over the summer, although it was more difficult to accomplish with my mom concurrently passing away from cancer during this time. So, one resolution met.

Beginning the year I also desperately wanted a boyfriend after I began coming out in the summer of 2011, mainly focused on trying to break through to the closet-case I was infatuated with. I tried my best, but I learned that some people are beyond saving and are not worth the trouble if they are incapable of reciprocating support (and essentially just use you). I did make some "progress" by getting out of my shell and going to gay bars a couple times, although all that resulted was a gross make-out with a guy I wasn't even attracted to (my first gay kiss). Long story short, my resolution to find love and not be a virgin anymore failed, but this resolution ultimately didn't matter in light of the shit that life threw at me.

I also made the resolution to start exercising again, which initially I made good on until the end of April when my mom passed away and I was focusing on defending my thesis. After that depression has mostly kept me less active (only occasional/incidental working out).

My resolutions currently for the end of this year heading into 2013 are:
    ***Find a career job and begin paying off school loans, managing my finances successfully (although this is more of a necessity I'm already working towards through applications, since I need some job to start paying the bills/loans soon)
    ***Exercise again and build a routine so I don't slack off again
    ***Find happiness by getting more involved with my one passionate hobby, even if I'm feeling depression
    ***Try to move beyond depression, although the impending death of my family's dog (recently diagnosed with cancer) will likely delay getting better since this situation is bringing back all the shitty memories of what happened to my mom
    ***Eventually try to find general happiness with myself even if I never encounter any romantic interests. I might be alone for a long time and I have my doubts I'll ever meet anyone compatible/available, but I don't want to let myself always feel depressed about this. Right now I don't even have the same level of desire I once had to be with someone or lose my virginity, so fuck it. I refuse to be like all the other slutbags.
    ***Try to not let my blood boil from all the hateful bigots in this world. In order to feel happiness, I need to somehow find a way to give up my hate. Not sure how the hell to do this though.

Hopefully this next year doesn't suck so fucking much and I can at least make progress towards some of these resolutions.

#18 PerfectInsanity, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  19. CTJ

CTJ

My half assed resolutions were as follows:
    1)Quit smoking
    2)Join a Gym/Lose weight
    3)Come out to parents (this is supposed to be before my 23rd, which is in feb, so half new years res)

So far this year
    1) I have not managed to quit, in fact i smoke more (epic fail)
    2) I have lost quite abit of weight without trying and only yesterday did i join a gym (unintended half success)
    3) I came out to one extra person this year, but not my parents (i consider this a failure)

20. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My resolution was just to try and conquer my Bipolar...

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.