1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT cities

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andy19, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Andy19

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi EC! I was thinking the other day that I don't live in a very "gay" friendly town. I live in FL and I think it's not a good place to look for cute guys hahaha or be too open about my sexuality. Any of you live in a more open gay friendly place?

2. IanGallagher

Go to West Hollywood.

Also NYC sort of.

I lived in LA. You have WeHo, which I only walked through once (didn't go into bars or anything) which has the kind of gay clubs you see in film and on television. You also have the benefit of the arts being close by. HOWEVER, once you wander further out you have old school conservative population who are against homosexuality - this is the one population which made it hard for California to pass the marriage bill.

New York City, unsure how the gay scene is, there are a lot of cute guys there though and - once again - a lot there are into the arts.

Basically your best bet is a city that's into the arts. If it has film, television, music, and broadway - you've hit mecca. A lot are either some form of bisexual (me for example), homosexual, or due to it being filled with bisexuals and homosexuals - allies. The arts is one of the strongest support centers for anyone that's 'outside of the norm' to feel at home.

3. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    There's a sizable gay community in Atlanta.

4. Suffocation

There are a lot of transexuals in Soho, Manhattan, NYC.
    :3

5. aeva

NYC and San Francisco seem to be the 2 biggies. Certain neighborhoods are better than others, obviously (affectionately called "gayborhoods").

6. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

I'm hoping that any city is better than the suburbs.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but how's the "city" part of Houston?

7. Jared

I live in Westwood, it's a neighborhood in LA that is surrounded by Bel-Air, Brentwood and Beverley Hills. It's pretty gay friendly and West Hollywood is only a few miles away so I'm pretty lucky.

8. FJ Cruiser

Inner Loop Houston (the part surrounded by I-410) is pretty nice from what I've seen of it. It's an interesting clash of ultra modern homes and apartments, highrises, and wealthy suburban-like neighborhoods. Montrose is the gay neighborhood there, and a lot of the other neighborhoods around are fairly quirky. A lot of people don't realize Houston is one of the more diverse cities in the nation. I don't think anyone would care about orientation. In fact, the city has a lesbian mayor.

Austin is quite gay friendly. It's known for its strong libertarian streak.

9. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in Gainesville, which is a fairly tolerant, liberal minded city in Florida. I'm liking it here, but it's really geared towards college students for the most part. Which I will only be for a few years

10. ok455

Chicago Il -Boystown
    Atlanta Ga-Midtown
    Ft Lauderdale Fl-Walton Manor
    Denver Co i heard has a decent gay life
    Philadelphia- gay People from my small town in nj hop the bridge to meet men

11. Olivier

Sydney Australia is quite gay friendly, but I don't think anything beats San fansisco, guys can be in drag and walk down the street and people won't stare:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: