1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT from Which Side?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaysuss, Nov 6, 2012.

1. jaysuss

I was wondering which parent you think you got your genes from that made you LGBT. I recently learned that my sister who had a child and lives in Georgie is gay and I was like the only one who didn't know lol the irony. She is only my half sister so that is 2/3 genetic kids from my mom who are gay.

I am blaming her for turning out how I am.

I was wondering what you guys think of your parents and who you would pick you got yours from?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Probably from my mom.

3. GingerGuy

Probably my mother, as a recessive gene. I strongly suspect my maternal uncle is gay, even though he has never come out. However, if it gets proved that being gay is genetic, the genes have to come from both parents, because they would be recessive.

Yep, paying attention to biology classes works sometimes.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So little is understood about the genetic factors in homosexuality. We're not even sure it's one gene, I don't think. It's possible that it's passed by the mother, but who knows...

5. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, as far as I know, I'm the only LGBT in my family, at least, nobody talks about that. But I suspect that a cousin may be 5 or 6 on Kinsey, but it's hidding it, and since it's from my mother's side, I guess if it really comes in the genes it had been passed to me from my mother.

6. jaysuss

It seems our mothers our the majority to blame our problem on....

7. TheUndiscovered

If the gene exists then it could very well be from my mom. She's experimented and my aunt is a lesbian!

8. Brenny

Definitly my mother. I say that because my half brother is also gay. Or at least bi. I haven't really asked, but I know.

9. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None of my relative that I know of are LGBT so I have no way of knowing for sure, but I do have a feeling it comes from my moms side of the family. Just a hunch

10. Gen

Gen

Both lol. My probably was pretty high. Though funny story. My father and his brother both had gay only sons and were homophobic. I didnt have a relationship with my father ever so, though I do feel bad for...my cousin. I hesitate because we have never met or spoken. Nor have I see his face before lol. Their family name is gone :grin:.

Especially since I have both my mother and fathers last name, so my children will recieve my mothers and my partners.

11. FollowtheFreeman

No one in my family is gay/bisexual or anything. I'm just going to conclude that I'm an outlier.

12. aeva

Definitely my mom's side. Both of her sisters are gay (or at least bisexual, preferring women).

13. needshelp

i have no clue. i'm the lone wolf.

14. Took My Youth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    No one (that I'm aware of) in my family is LGBT at all and they're all homophobic, but there is one person that is so homophobic that it makes me wonder if they are just in denial themselves, and in that conclusion - my dad's side.

15. Aquilo

It's probably caused by multiple genes and environment (everything else apart from genes). If there were a single gay gene they would have found it by now I think :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Personally I wouldn't know from which side :/

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There is no blame to be passed to anyone. You wouldn't blame your mom for giving you green eyes so why would you blame her for passing on any other of her genes?

This.

We have NO idea right now how someone turns out either straight or gay. Chances are that its not a simple process of passing a single "gay gene" along, though.

17. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom thought her nephew was gay, but he's married so he's either bi, in denial, or not gay at all... Also, her niece (my cousin who I never see) is bi.

I'm going to have to be the majority and say if there's a gene I probably got it from my mom's side. She experimented when she was younger (and told me she found out she was NOT gay by doing so lol), and I don't know anyone whose gay/bi on my dad's side... or her side for sure besides my cousin... and her side of the family is much larger than my dad's side.

I don't think there's a gene, but I wish there was so people might give me some slack instead of thinking I chose this... I've done everything to DENY it and so I know for a fact I didn't choose. -___-

18. CTJ

CTJ

I'm gonna have a stab and say my dads side. I've been convinced since i was young that my older cousin on my dads side is gay, his sister is the first person i came out to and she has even said "i expected it from my brother, but not from you". So if he is gay, then thats 2 from my dads side.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could've gotten it from both sides of my family.. My dad's side of the family have some LGBT members (that I just found out about. My family dosen't have anything to do with them.) My mom also has some LGBT members in her family as well. They have all passed though.

20. KenzieLPark

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Defiantly my mother.