1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out can be fun?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FishMan27, Nov 7, 2012.

1. FishMan27

So, ever since I heard about the Minnesota marriage amendment that was proposed (and thankfully struck down!), I've been a huge advocate of gay rights and stuff. I'm not completely put of the closet, but I've decided to not hide it anymore. If someone I care about asks me directly, I'll tell them.

Anyway, I got into a discussion with a friend, and by playing the role of the ally, I asked him of he questioned my sexuality. I was glad when he said "yes" because it means he didn't just assume I was straight because I act like a stereotypical straight guy. Anyway, we got into a rather fun conversation, and though he still doesn't know, I think we have a better understanding of each other and our friendship is stronger. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

2. jaysuss

Nope. I can't say I have. People only say thank you for telling me or your messed up and then stop talking to me.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow I'm sorry... You obviously didn't need those losers! :dry:

My friend and I joke about my orientation sometimes. She says she'll bring me a cake to my civil union/ceremony/wedding whatever, and she teased me saying my parents wont pay for TWO dresses. Then I told her "If the bride's family is supposed to pay maybe I can talk my bride's family into paying... See this can pay off!!!" haha Or "maybe my dad's last name WON'T die out if my partner takes my last name... :grin:" (my dad just had two girls and his bro didn't have kids)

We have fun with it. :slight_smile:

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yep, same here dude. I've been having a blast joking about and openly referencing my sexuality with friends ever since I learned that almost everybody in my grade overwhelmingly opposed the marriage amendment. I no longer feel the need to keep that part of myself locked away from them anymore. Anyone who's got a problem with me liking dick can answer to the allies and me. :thumbsup:

5. Caudex

Caudex Guest

I'm not really out but at this point I'm sure people assume. I really actually like making jokes about it because I find them funny. So I guess it's kind of fun.
    What does a gay horse eat?
    Heyyyyyy

6. FishMan27

Nice! I've gotta say I'm a little jealous, though. My school did a mock election and the marriage amendment was 51% yes, 49% no. Then, in the real election, my county was 75% for the amendment, 25% against. :frowning2:

Like I said, I'm not fully out, but I'm not hiding anymore. It feels great!

7. caughtbywitness

Oh yeah, with most people it's pretty cool and funny :grin:

8. Neutrality

That's not all bad news, even in an extremly conservative county like yours the people your age are much more progresive on this issue, think about it like this only 25% of people in the county approve of same sex marriage but about half of your class mates do, that's ahuge increase between generations.

9. Lewis

When I get a good reaction, it makes me want to tell more people. I get where you're coming from.

10. paramore19

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out to my friend today as i thought he has already sussed it out and i got really paranoid but when i did tell him he was uber positive and was like omg really im so proud of you give me a hug and then said aww sometimes i wish i was bi just so i can say i love vag and penis which made me laugh a hell of alot :lol:

11. FishMan27

Yeah, I've thought of that, too. Obviously, it's county versus school, but there is definitely change happening.