1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A poem I wrote

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by electrolicious, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I recently found out that I may be re-starting HRT (it wasn't my choice to stop in the first place) in a few weeks, and that inspired me to write this poem. While I'm thrilled, I know I have a lot of obstacles ahead of me that are, quite frankly, frightening, but it's the price I must pay to feel more comfortable in my own skin. I figured maybe some of the other trans people here on EC could relate, so why not post it? Hope you enjoy and feel free to give constructive criticism if the mood strikes you. :slight_smile:

To look in the mirror,
    And like what you see,
    A vision of how
    You were meant to be.

At least on the surface,
    That's better than naught,
    But under baggy clothes
    You hope you're not caught.

Because what would they say,
    If only they knew,
    The you you're presenting
    Isn't genetically true?

Such thoughts fill your mind,
    At night they don't give,
    Yet this is the drug
    That you need to live.

2. J Snow

I've never really been a poetry aficionado, but I truly think this is fantastic =)

Loved this verse.

3. Thanks for your comment, J Snow. The stanza you quoted was my favourite as well; that's truly my biggest fear about transition.

4. J Snow

Yeah, I'm really scared about what's going to happen after winter and I can't hide under hoodies anymore =/ I know that feel.

5. madi

I'm not trans, but I still found this beautiful :slight_smile: Happy for you that you may get to start on hormone replacement therapy again.

6. Thanks, and I appreciate the sentiment, madi. :slight_smile: I wasn't actually expecting to go on HRT anytime soon, but I couldn't be more pleased.

7. AlexisAnne

Of the poetry I've read of yours this is my favorite :slight_smile:

I can relate completely. It's well written and this time I have no "constructive" feedback. It's beautiful as is. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I'm not on Hrt yet but, while I like the second stanza, I really like the first one myself as that is something I've struggled with all my life. Beautiful E :slight_smile:

8. Thanks a lot, Lexi. :icon_bigg The more I read it, I think I'm starting to feel the same way about it being my best. It's definitely my most heart-felt poem, that's for sure. I'm glad you were able to relate.

9. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

I also loved this verse, but I also loved the whole poem as well. :slight_smile: Very nice Electro, glad to hear your going back on HRT. :thumbsup:

10. Thanks, Ace --- me too. :grin:

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an absolutely wonderful poem. I liked in particular the following two verses.

12. Thanks, Mirko. I also was quite fond of the last verse, not to sound vain. :icon_redf

13. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Welcome. :slight_smile:

14. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries, it doesn't sound vain! :slight_smile: