1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate it when people talk crap about Canada!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander69, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Alexander69

I hate when people say stupid things about Canada it gets under my skin. I love Canada there is no place I would rather live. I'm proud to be Canadian! I hate it when people say we live in igloos and catch fish and hunt deer and wear parkas. No we don't I don't know where these peopl have been all their life's but Canada has major cities and is small for the amount of land we have but still it's damn big. It bothers me how ignorant people are. Ugh

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What's wrong with living in igloos, catching fish, and hunting deer?

Those people are just ignorant.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just misconceptions or jokes usually. I don't like them either so much. I honestly don't know much about Canada I think of it as friendly and somewhat similiar to The U.S. but more accepting. I live in the south where we have misconceptions too. :/ (I come from a hillbilly family so you can imagine.) I guess every place has it's misconceptions and whatnots.

4. Alexander69

See I don't judge places like most do. I never call people hillbilly thats so rude and degrading. And there is nothing wrong with that its just when people try to lower canadains and make us look tiny and like we live like savages still.

5. Luke Matt

At least you're not Aussie >_>' Americans (or foreigners in general) seem to think we ALL have kangaroos in our backyards (I do, but that's an exception seeing as I live in the bush), put "shrimp (what the hell are they!?) on the barbey" etc etc.

Soooo far from the truth.

EDIT: Not all American's (sorry for the generalisation/stereotype), but a lot of them do! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Miz Purple

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's so stupid I'd love to move to Canada I think your country is amazing!

7. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, hillbilly is not an insult. It's the misconceptions about us that is, at the very least they're confusing. Or just the people who are rude/mean to us. We are very proud to be hillbillies and mountain people, please don't think that's a bad word, it's a compliment!

8. Alexander69

LOL I love Canada! I live in British Columbia Vancouver it's beautiful here! And I know I can't believe that people say that about Australia..... People are so miss guided its not funny.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2012 at 03:41 AM ----------

Really? Hillbilly isn't offensive to you? :O I feel aweful saying it :frowning2:

9. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol stereotypes.

10. Luke Matt

YOU LIVE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA, VANCOUVER!!!???!?!!!!??

ARE YOU SERIOUS!#@$!$!#!#

Fml. I so badly want to go there.

11. Alexander69

LOL YES I LOVE IT OUT HERE! It's beautiful! The mountains downtown Stanley park, te beaches.( not nice beaches so rocky) English bay especially is so rocky! Spanish banks isn't that bad. You should come out to vancity it's so beautifull here!

12. Luke Matt

See, you'd probably like where I live, but after seeing nothing but gum trees for 19 years you gradually get over them. I'd really like to go to BC.

EDIT: I might have a picture actually of my place.. Gimme a sec.

EDIT 2: I have a video of me patting an echidna in my street XD That happened about 2 weeks ago.

13. Alexander69

Lol there are a lot of evergreens out here HAAH. You'll have to come to west Vancouver! North van, downtown. Do you like to shop? Like Gucci things like that? If you like Gucci go to fairmont hotel and get dava she's the best really nice :slight_smile: you'll have to go to mount Seymour, and grouse mountain! Go to cypres bowl and look out over west van and see downtown stunning views do the grouse grind! Go up the gondolas. Come up to the British properties lol look at our houses :slight_smile: you'd love vancity. If you want to go to a big mall go o metro town. So busy I hate going there if I don't have to.

14. Luke Matt

I actually hate shopping, lol. It sounds like there's a lot to do! :grin:

15. Alexander69

Oh there is! And if you have lots of money Vancouver is a good place to be! And if you dont it's a bad place to be.

16. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha it's just some joking around between the US and Canada. You really shouldn't take it too seriously.

It produced a great South Park movie :lol:

17. Aquilo

I'd massively prefer living in Canada over the USA, I'd only be worried about the weather. The last time I was in Canada in summer, I was badly suprised by the heat, they even had cacti growing near the border.. :/

18. Redell

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone I know loves Canada, it's my dream country. Seriously, MASSIVE Canada love where I come from. I would want to move there one day.

USA is the main country people I know are prejudiced towards, I've only heard good things about Canada.

Canada is just so friggen, CANADA. And the flag is a maple leaf? I don't think a flag could get any more awesome.

19. Bree

I actually like the stereotypes about Canada. They're fun to play with. I'm from Victoria, BC--a ferry ride away from you. It doesn't rain quite so much here as in Vancouver--only half the year instead of three-quarters. Not that I can afford the ferry to Vancouver anyways. I think that we forget sometimes that South-West Canada has the most temperate climate in the country. The stereotypes about snow and freezing cold are actually pretty accurate for the rest of Canadians. Just not the igloos.

Honestly, though--I used to be proud of my country. Right now I'm so ashamed of the government that I wouldn't make that claim. People tend to gloss over Canada's faults, and we don't always deserve that. I have a favourite quote about it: "Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well-informed about the United States.

#19 Bree, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  20. timo

Now that's too bad. Vancouver was near the top of of the list of cities I'd like to visit but it seems like I'm better off staying home.

But seriously. Vancouver seems great.